What press do you use?

Guest SMZRU275

Guest SMZRU275

I am about to order my press to start reloading.

Right now I am leaning towards the Lee Pro 1000, but not 100%, or the Lee Challenger Breech lock.

For those that reload, what presses do you / have you used and opinions?

I will mainly be doing .223/5.56 and 9mm later on.

Edited by SMZRU275
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

Since your going on the lower end of the scale.. Lee Classic "O" press.. second.. RCBS Rockchucker.. In my opinion.. there is only one progressive press to buy.. Dillon.. cry once..

Since your going on the lower end of the scale.. Lee Classic "O" press.. second.. RCBS Rockchucker.. In my opinion.. there is only one progressive press to buy.. Dillon.. cry once..

Great advice. You cant beat a rockchucker or a Dillon.

Hope this helps,

LEROY

Guest TackleberryTom

I own and heavily use my Lee pro1000 press in 45acp. I love it! I also bought the bullet feeder as well. It did take about two hours to get it adjusted where I wanted it. After that, I can make powder changes in 2min. I can make 50rds in less than 20 minutes starting from empty. It was a little finnicky at first. Once I learned what and where to watch and how it feels, I have no problems. For $160 for an auto loader with dies.....really hard to beat!! It is built much better than I expected it to be. I absolutely love it!!

I have two Dillon 550s' and an RCBS single station. The Dillon presses are hard to beat. My old odest 550 is 24 years old and the new one is 2. While loading some .40s this weekend on the old press a small bracket cracked, I just got off the phone with Dillons customer service and my new part is on the way, at no cost, Dillon even pays the shipping. I don't know of many companies that stand behind their products like that. When you are ready to upgrade to a progressive press I would say buy Dillon!

I have two Dillon 550s' and an RCBS single station. The Dillon presses are hard to beat. My old odest 550 is 24 years old and the new one is 2. While loading some .40s this weekend on the old press a small bracket cracked, I just got off the phone with Dillons customer service and my new part is on the way, at no cost, Dillon even pays the shipping. I don't know of many companies that stand behind their products like that. When you are ready to upgrade to a progressive press I would say buy Dillon!

:)

I drink the Dillon Kool-Aid as well. Love my 550B

My cousin just got a Lee turret and likes it. He moved up from a RCBS rock chucker. Can't beat the value and it's a good medium between single and full progressive.

Personally I haven't gulped the dillon kool-aid and will be getting a pro 2000 when I can get the funds together. I've had RCBS equip. for years, make that decades, and if it breaks they fix it, so don't let Dillon's no BS guarantee go to your head.

Guest Jeremey

Lee 4 hole turret here. I load 9mm, .40 S&W, and .223 on it. I just loaded 500 rounds with it this weekend. If you lived close to Millington I would let you try mine out.

Guest FroggyOne2
Lee 4 hole turret here. I load 9mm, .40 S&W, and .223 on it. I just loaded 500 rounds with it this weekend. If you lived close to Millington I would let you try mine out.

On my Dillon.. I load that much in a hour.

Guest Jeremey

I guess you got the impression that it took me all weekend to load the 500?:P

It took me a couple of hours. That includes the time that I had to stop and bandage up my finger on my left hand where I didnt get it out of the way fast enough before the brass made into the resizing die. It took a good little chunk of skin with it. By the way, blood does not make a good lubricant for reloading presses.