Remmington ACR

poak

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I thought all this time it was the Bushmaster ACR, but I guess Remington has its version of it too.

Bushmaster and Remington are both owned by Cerebrus.

To my understanding, Bushmaster will be marketing on the civvy side, and Remington to the LE/Mil side. HOWEVER, I've also heard the Remington may be available to civilians as well.

Honestly, I have no clue how, when, or who will be getting this thing to market, I just wish they'd hurry up already :D

This. I can't afford one, but dammit I WANT one! :D

Haha, agreed!

They keep insisting the price point will well under cut the SCAR, but I'm sure initial demand will drive the cost up at all but reputable dealers.

Not sure where I'm going to find the $$ to pick one up when they finally hit the market, but dammit, I'm going to try!

Guest SureShot308

She has the semi librarian glasses, and the tattoo's all up her neck I can ignore the stretched ears.

too keep this on topic.. The rifle looks good too.

• 2 months later...
Guest JHatmaker

Resurrecting this thread....:2cents:

Looks like Bushmaster will be offering the civilian version sometime in the first half of 2010. Site says they are still going through testing, etc. By the time it comes out FN will have released the SCAR 17...

Resurrecting this thread....:D

Looks like Bushmaster will be offering the civilian version sometime in the first half of 2010. Site says they are still going through testing, etc. By the time it comes out FN will have released the SCAR 17...

The more I see the SCAR, the more I like it...

I think the biggest selling point for the ACR will be the quick-change barells... The question is, will the Bushy model retain this feature, or will it only be on the pricier Remmy's built and sold primarily for the Mil/LE market?

Some lucky sod out there already has his grubby mitts on an ACR (won it at AAC's silent auction for Wounded Warrior)... I hope his wife is ugly.

Rachel=Skankzilla

You shut your dirty mouth :2cents:

Edited by poak
Guest JHatmaker
The more I see the SCAR, the more I like it...

Same here, I've been wanting one (like everyone else) for a while, but the funds were never available when one became available. I'm still kicking myself when Guns and Leather got two in and had them priced very reasonably...:cool: