How Young Were You

Guest logicprevails

Guest logicprevails

How young were you when you got your first gun? I was 7. Drove down to Ray Judge's in Winchester from Springfield with my dad many moons ago to get mine. Got a Rossi .22 Gallery, kid-sized....still have it! I've got my 6 YO l'il gal a pink Crickett for this Christmas am. Can't wait!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was about 10 or 11. Dad took me out to the farm and handed over his Remington Fieldmaster. After that Mom could not deny me a pellet gun anymore for the back yard. :rofl:

Still have that Fieldmaster. :grouchy:

A year or so later talked the old man into buying me a new 10/22 from K-Mart (since my friend had one). Cost about $60. Had to cut grass all summer.

Still have that 10/22. :P

Edited by Garufa
Guest proudsuthrner

i think i was about 10 or so, it was a Daisy BB gun.

my "friend" got ahold of it and was chasing me with it and he ended up shooting me in the face with it. not a good time as you can imagin

Guest logicprevails
i think i was about 10 or so, it was a Daisy BB gun.

my "friend" got ahold of it and was chasing me with it and he ended up shooting me in the face with it. not a good time as you can imagin

Had a BB gun when I was 3, and got a .22 when I was 11 or 12.

I had access to the family guns pretty much my whole life, so long as I asked permission.

Bought my first pistol when I was 19, btw.

Guest H0TSH0T

i was issued a Beretta 9mm at 18 in the service, but me and it both belonged to the US. military at that time, the first gun i owned was a Mossburge 500a pump with speed load synthetic pistol grip stock. i payed 50$ and was range boy a summer working under the range master and a California range in the mountains.(age 22)

My dad bought my first gun before I was born!

Me too. It was in the house when my mom and dad got home from the hospital with me.

My first true gun was a Chipmunk .22 I got for my fifth birthday. First handgun was around 12 or 13 and it was a S&W 422. Both I still have.

If we're counting BB guns, I guess I have to revise my response to about eight. My younger brother got one about the same time. Some BB marks appeared on my mom's dryer. I didn't do it. My brother swears he didn't do it. One of our great family mysteries. Maybe my sister borrowed one of our BB guns and did it. I'll probably never know. My mom and dad have both passed away now but had brought this up at every family gathering through their lives. We were all punished for it just in case.

I got my first rifle for Christmas when I was 6. A Marlin model 60 that I still cherish. I thought it only appropriate that my son get his first .22 for Christmas when he was 6. That's been nearly 3 years now. The boy's turning into a seasoned shooter right in front of my eyes.

I got a 410 single shot, back when I was before 10. It is at my moms'. Don't know the brand. When I moved up, I got a Remington Model 11 (Browning Bar Pat) 20 guage. It was my grandfathers, fathers, then mine, still got that one. Got a Remington Model 70(I think, will have to verify) 30-06 for deer hunting. That was one of my dads. I bought my first shotgun, when 18, 870 Express. Bought my first handgun, when I turned 21, Rossi .38 snub nose, still carry that some today. Then my XD40, then my AR. Have numerous other family guns (shot guns, rifles and pistols).