HK416 Clones

poak

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the 10.5 is what really has my attention. :stare:

I'm curious as to this companies history, if it has any. In this biz, new companies are popping up all the time, and more often than not under a new name to attempt to escape their reputation from past productions... I hope this isn't one of THOSE companies.

Here's all three uppers they'll be releasing:

td415uppers.jpg

-16.5 inch Barrel Upper

-14.5 inch Barrel Upper

-10.5 inch Short Barrel Upper

Guest Traumaslave

Maybe I'm missing something here but, why is this a 416 clone?? Is that to say that the Bushmaster GP is a clone?

And BTW, HK is going to be producing domestic 416s here in the not too distant future.

Maybe I'm missing something here but, why is this a 416 clone?? Is that to say that the Bushmaster GP is a clone?

And BTW, HK is going to be producing domestic 416s here in the not too distant future.

It's a complete clone of HK's GP found on the 416. It's said to have 100% parts interchangeability with the HK.

HK's domestic 416s (the MR223), will have proprietary lowers and bolts, unlike their Mil/LE older brothers.

You can slap one of these on your existing lower, and be good to go. Not so w/ HK's civvy imports.

What makes this GP version any different than all the others?

I admittedly don't know enough about GP to tell what the exact differences are.

From what I've read, HK's system has held up better than the rest in torture tests. That's not to say GP is perfect, or that HK's is better than anyone else's, just passing along what I've been reading.

The REAL question is, will HK quality carry over to these clones, or is LMT still the best bet?

From what I've read the short stroke is the way to go. A lot of the systems have problems with the carrier binding as the force of the piston rod pushes the front of the carrier up into the receiver instead of strait back. I have also read where the ones that use the exising gas keys break due to these same forces. Just curious as to what makes the HK run so much better. Here is a nice figure form the field trials.

The XM8 scored the best, with only 127 stoppages in 60,000 total rounds, the FN SCAR Light had 226 stoppages, while the HK416 had 233 stoppages. The M4 carbine scored "significantly worse" than the rest of the field with 882 stoppages.
From what I've read the short stroke is the way to go. A lot of the systems have problems with the carrier binding as the force of the piston rod pushes the front of the carrier up into the receiver instead of strait back. I have also read where the ones that use the exising gas keys break due to these same forces. Just curious as to what makes the HK run so much better. Here is a nice figure form the field trials.

Another interesting note from the figures of those field trials:

Since the HK416 and M4 were production weapons, the 10 samples of each were all randomly selected sight unseen from Army inventory with the manufacturers unaware of any upcoming testing.

"With the HK416, 117 of the 233 malfunctions were from just one of the 10 weapons"

Obviously, that was a problematic rifle. The report I read noted that the 416 would have been the clear winner if not for that rifle.

Guest Traumaslave
It's a complete clone of HK's GP found on the 416. It's said to have 100% parts interchangeability with the HK.

HK's domestic 416s (the MR223), will have proprietary lowers and bolts, unlike their Mil/LE older brothers.

You can slap one of these on your existing lower, and be good to go. Not so w/ HK's civvy imports.

I remember reading about the proprietary lowers, now that you mention it. But, as for "civvy imports", they can't import. That is why they are to come out of, is it Pn or Cn?? One or the other.

• 2 months later...