Bersa .380 question?

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

Are my hands that small, or is a Bersa .380 mag release button that hard. I have had to turn the gun 90 degrees to press the button hard enough to release. LowBud, the gun is flawless! Just throwing that out there. But, I think even though my strong hand is right, I do better with a lefty mag release. I flip the gun upside down and press the mag release with my off hand and "pop" it goes. I also have a feeling that it is the angle. My hands might be that small (now dont relate that with manhood says my wife) :P cause the hand size/manhood debate is not true..... LOL

My bersa mag release is REALY stiff! Strong hand, straight on, it still is a toughy?????? ANy advice??

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SureShot308

It's alright I have little tiny hands too. That's alright with me because that means I get to carry my Kahr P380 without it feeling like it's too small.

Check how tight the lock up with the magazine is. Is it that stiff even if you don't have a magazine in the gun also. If it's not then it might be your magazine causing it. If it's stiff even with no magazine then it's probably the spring. You might be able to find a lighter spring for it, or if you are brave cut a link off the end and see if that makes it a little lighter.

Try looking at the magazine to find where it locks into the gun at. If the paint is ground off on just one side of the hole it could be the hole is slightly off and you need to ever so carefully enlarge it. It could be that there is a burr or something on the other side of the magazine release button that needs to be removed. If you can't push it in without a magazine in the gun then you will have to remove the button and see what the hold up is. I would order or pick up another magazine and see if that helps before I started filing on my weapon. Or just learn how to load the magazine with the slide locked back!:)

Bersa's are tight little guns all the way around. My wife didn't like her's as she could not easily rack the slide. I didn't want her to struggle with a failure situation so we moved on. Finally went XD9 for her. I never had any issue with the little gun other than it being the small .380 round.

Guest boatme99

I have a .380 Thunder, Bersas are very tight when new. If you don't see evidence of a problem mentioned above, spend some time pushing the release button. Also rack the slide and work the saftey to loosen them up a bit.

Also check out the bersa forum at www.bersatalk.com