Sig Sauer Cash For Klunkers!

Metalhead

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® CLASSIC pistol (P220®, P226®, P229®, or 1911) from your

dealer’s inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give

you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver.

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form

4473 and proof of purchase (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame

or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger. SIG SAUER reserves the right to reject any firearm

submitted as a KLUNKER which does not meet our criteria. Rejected firearms will be returned to sender. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of your check.

This offer cannot be combined with any other program or offer. Klunkers will not be accepted for payment after Friday, December 4, 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All transactions subject to Federal, State and local firearms regulations.

© SIG SAUER Inc. All Rights Reserved. SIG SAUER, Inc. 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833 Phone: (603) 772-2302 SIG SAUER

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A common mistake is that handguns have to be shipped overnight. I dont know where it started, but it's not law that they have to be shipped that way.

The way I understood it, non-FFL holders must use a private shipping service and those shipping services require firearms to be sent overnight. If there is a cheaper way to ship, I am all ears.

Guest bkelm18
The way I understood it, non-FFL holders must use a private shipping service and those shipping services require firearms to be sent overnight. If there is a cheaper way to ship, I am all ears.

Yeah, have your FFL ship it for you. I've shipped a few handguns and have always done it through an FFL. Costs like $15-$20 max.

Disassemble firearm, go to UPS or whomever, ship ground and if they ask it's just parts. Which, as a disassembled firearm would not be a lie...

Disassemble firearm, go to UPS or whomever, ship ground and if they ask it's just parts. Which, as a disassembled firearm would not be a lie...

No kidding...I guess it's not like UPS can throw your butt in jail for not following their house rules. You just saved me 30-40 bucks! Thanks!

Guest bkelm18

Then why do frames/receivers have to go through an FFL?

Guest bkelm18
No kidding...I guess it's not like UPS can throw your butt in jail for not following their house rules. You just saved me 30-40 bucks! Thanks!

Federal law also requires you to inform them it's a firearm. Merely disassembling it doesn't quite cut it.

Guest bkelm18
There is nothing federal that says you HAVE to ship a firearm, pistol or rifle, next day air. As far as UPS or Fedex is concerned, it's parts, nothing more.

At least, ups isnt the guv'ment yet.

The ATF considers the frame/receiver the actual firearm, correct? Yes. You are required by federal law to inform the shipper that your shipment contains a firearm, by extrapolation, if your shipment contains a frame/receiver, then you must inform it contains a firearm. So telling someone that you ship it as "parts" is advocating circumvention of federal law.

ATF Online - Firearms FAQs

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [Back]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]