Sig P6 Question

Guest icehead

Guest icehead

Any one have a Sig P6? What is it comparable to as far as size and weight? I'm in the cheap gun Phase of my life and would like some info beforea blind internet buy. Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to say the same thing about size... I dont notice a real difference in weight fully loaded. Granted that is with 9 in the P6 and 16 in the G19. I just traded my g19 though so I cant compare side by side. I will say that I shoot better with the P6. This thing is 30 years old and Im using the original sights.

Guest SureShot308

I have both the P6 and the 19. the length and with are almost exactly the same. the P6 is maybe a 1/2" taller. The weight is close enough that you can't really tell. the P6 is more balanced unloaded but when you load them they are about the same. They are both great guns.

Guest icehead

I love Glock because of function. but I never really took to the (2) G23's I've owned and the (1) G30 or (1)G19. The Sig just feels better in my hand. I got BIG hands. My wife liked the Sig 226 .40 better than any gun I've owned other than The Kimber and the XD 45.

Guest SureShot308

I love my Sigs. I have a P6, 229, 226 all in 9mm, and a 220 in .45. I like my glocks too. I have a 19, and a 32 with the 23 barrel so I can shoot .357 Sig, and .40 in it. they all shoot well enough to please me. I have a Kimber too that will shoot the lights out, but I don't carry that one. I have never owned an XD. I shot a few but I never liked the feel of them in my hand for some reason. If you are coming to the shoot tonight at G&L I'll bring my P6 if you want to look at it/Shoot it to see if you want to get one or not.

Any one have a Sig P6? What is it comparable to as far as size and weight? I'm in the cheap gun Phase of my life and would like some info beforea blind internet buy. Thanks.

They are remarkably similar to a P225. In fact they are one and the same.

Guest SureShot308

I got my Pachmayr grips off the pachmayr web site. according to the web site they still have them in stock right now. $48 with shipping and all. you have to click on the handgun grips, then use the search function on the right to find them, I had a little trouble finding them on the site the first time.

I also have a p6 and It's a great gun and 30 years old, I got to see SureShot's P6 (DAMN THAT GUN IS IN GREAT SHAPE) with the Pachmayr grips and I have to get a pair, ebay also has them. If you have a chance to get a cheap P6 dont hesitate!!!! COP

Guest MemphisJim1

I have two P-6s and love them both. I changed out the sights to Meprolites and put in P225 springs for the triggers and slides. In DA especially, the P6 builds strong muscles. Additionally, the feed ramp on older P6s is designed for ball ammo and many types of self-defense rounds won't feed reliably. There are several places that offer feed ramp modifications; finding a P225 barrel for the P6 can be a major challenge. I regularly take mine to the range and love to shoot them. For "carry", though, I use a P228 (9mm) or P229 (.40S&W), both with CT Laser Grips.