New web site for the Mid-South Guns & Gear Expo ... Feedback wanted

• Administrator
Site looks really good...do have a comment though....I believe the price for kids is a little out of line....full price for an 11 yr old? I feel that the kids 16 and under should be 1/2 price at least if not free. I don't see the logic with an 11 yr old getting charged more than a police officer. To some it may be no big deal, and whats $4 anyway right? Well, I believe it would help encourage attendees to bring their kids along...after all, the torch gets passed to them....

Most events like this CHARGE for kids under 10, just at a reduced rate. The decision to charge for kids 11 and older stems from the fact that at that age, they generally aren't "tag alongs" but are there because they want to be there.

Edited by TGO David
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most events like this CHARGE for kids under 10, just at a reduced rate.

Agreed, but surely this isn't going to be considered like "most" events, or what would be the point. Just some constructive criticism from someone WITH kids that are avid shooters and young outdoorsmen...I'll be there regardless...some others may not.

• Administrator
Agreed, but surely this isn't going to be considered like "most" events, or what would be the point. Just some constructive criticism from someone WITH kids that are avid shooters and young outdoorsmen...I'll be there regardless...some others may not.

If they are avid outdoorsmen and shooters, then they fall into the category of people who really should expect to pay something for admission to these events. The kids who are 10 and under are typically dragged along by their parents and don't really want to be there to begin with, so we figure it's a little unfair to ask the parents to pay their way in.

Please understand that we aren't doing this for philanthropic reasons. All parties involved, all the way down from the vendors, manufacturers represented, the guy leasing the building to us and even me and Joe hope to make some money off of this. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Most events like this CHARGE for kids under 10, just at a reduced rate. The decision to charge for kids 11 and older stems from the fact that at that age, they generally aren't "tag alongs" but are there because they want to be there.
If they are avid outdoorsmen and shooters, then they fall into the category of people who really should expect to pay something for admission to these events. The kids who are 10 and under are typically dragged along by their parents and don't really want to be there to begin with, so we figure it's a little unfair to ask the parents to pay their way in.

Please understand that we aren't doing this for philanthropic reasons. All parties involved, all the way down from the vendors, manufacturers represented, the guy leasing the building to us and even me and Joe hope to make some money off of this. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Don't get me wrong...I DO understand and there should be a profit made for all organizers of this type of event as well as opportunities for vendors to get their product in the hands of consumers and give their "best" sales pitch. Events like this are organized by people with a passion for all that the 2nd stands for and should be supported. There is money to be made not only at the door but also from future sales that may not take place that particular weekend, but down the road and also an opportunity for relationships, business and personal, to be forged based upon a common thread. I doubt however, that the deciding factor for whether the event achieves anticipated revenue figures is based upon the number of children that "expect" to pay the same as the adult that has been to a hundred of shows in the past. As I had mentioned, I will have my boys there with me, as I am sure others will also. They.....however, will not "expect" pay, as they are not business professionals, public servants nor military.....but children....and I will gladly pay their admission. I'm done...forget the suggestion....just offering feedback but I realize that the intent of it was for the site...and it looks great.

• 1 month later...
Guest clsutton21

One thing you might want to add to the website is a page that says "Submission Received" and redirects after you use the "Contact Us" feature. It kinda threw me off not seeing one. Plus, it would quell any uneasiness with paranoids like me thinking my message has not been received. :doh: