God Please Save Memphis

Guest nokomom

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!? I thought we were still on for the carpet bombing?

Nobody tells me anything.:mad:

buk

Bring it. After the crap I dealt with today I'm ready to sacrifice myself for the greater good. Bring the rain, hell everybody else just get out that's decent, give me the switch like Bruce Willis in Armageddon and I'll do it.

Guest clsutton21
Breaking News: The State of Tennessee gives Memphis to the State of Arkansas.

After passing through West Memphis, I'm glad it belongs to Arkansas.

I didn't watch it, but I did listen to it on 600 while cleaning a gun out in the garage. A C, Myron, Carpenter, Chumney, and even Lawler are serious candidates. The rest are along for the ride. Mongo made a total ass of himself with the bond rating question. "I wouldn't buy a bond from the city!" What a total d-bag. If 173 morons who voted for him had voted for Hackett instead back in 1992, we may have never had to live under King Willie.

Had to watch the rest of this train wreck............:mad:

Does the Memphis City Charter call for a runoff election if no candidate gets 50% + 1 vote ? or would a simple plurality put somebody in ?

Hardly an ardent observer of Memphis politics, I nonetheless foresee significant splits of the votes.

I'm intrigued to find out more, on to youtube.

edit

this is funny,

"What we need to do is issue people Uzi's machine guns, whatever it take" that is just priceless.

Edited by mk19
I didn't watch it, but I did listen to it on 600 while cleaning a gun out in the garage. A C, Myron, Carpenter, Chumney, and even Lawler are serious candidates. The rest are along for the ride. Mongo made a total ass of himself with the bond rating question. "I wouldn't buy a bond from the city!" What a total d-bag. If 173 morons who voted for him had voted for Hackett instead back in 1992, we may have never had to live under King Willie.

Of course if the masses of "people" from the Ford funeral home hadn't voted he would have won easily anyway. ;)

As if Nashville is a big improvement...

Your dedication to your town is commendable but they are night and day my friend. There is a reason Nashville is not the city referred to as the "Armpit of the South.";):D

BTW - if that wasn't the most sophomoric panel ever assembled, I don't know who could have topped them.:)

Edited by Smith

Your dedication to your town is commendable but they are night and day my friend. There is a reason Nashville is not the city referred to as the "Armpit of the South."

I wouldn't call myself "dedicated" to Memphis; I don't even live in Memphis. I'll someday leave, but it won't be for Nashville. I just don't think the step "up" is as high as many Nashville residents would have you believe.

I wouldn't call myself "dedicated" to Memphis; I don't even live in Memphis. I'll someday leave, but it won't be for Nashville. I just don't think the step "up" is as high as many Nashville residents would have you believe.

(I;m mostly just messing with you:p)

You can claim Bartlett isn't Memphis all you want, but it will be officially before too long so I'll leave it at that.

I spent 17 years in Memphis and Nashville is definitely a step up. Not the end all be all, but when your at the bottom - Nashville sure looks a long way up!:)

Never happen. Consolidation is talked about all the time, but all the suburbs just laugh. They can annex right up to a suburb's edge, but they can't annex into an established city. Some of the suburban city charters are probably older than the Memphis charter anyway.

Guest ScottD
Never happen. Consolidation is talked about all the time, but all the suburbs just laugh. They can annex right up to a suburb's edge, but they can't annex into an established city. Some of the suburban city charters are probably older than the Memphis charter anyway.

Keep saying that, but when Memphis decides to pull a Nashville and become a metropolitan, all of Shelby county becomes Memphis.

Keep saying that, but when Memphis decides to pull a Nashville and become a metropolitan, all of Shelby county becomes Memphis.

That's my point--Memphis decided to do this years ago and has been trying ever since, but the rest of the county will not let it happen.

I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND!

I'm building a big stone wall around my midtown home and seceding from Memphis. Who wants to join me?

LOL like Peter on Family Guy?

If you don't get the reference Peter was trying to get a permit to build a pool and found out he apparently wasn't on the city map so he became his own country. Then he annexed his neighbor's pool and started a war lol