Buffalo Wild Wings Old Hickory Blvd.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a chance to talk to the door man at Cody's in Jackson today, he said that within the next week, they're going to post their place too. That stinks, they had really good food, unusually large portions, and it was very inexpensive too.

Is there any place other than Ruby Tuesday's that WON'T post?

I thought the place would be fine with HCP holders since there was a flyer about where to take the HCP course on the wall as you walk in.

Edited by Wiggy
Should we expect anything else from Adam? He carries a Hi-Point C-9 according to his profile. That piece of junk will get you killed.

Actually, Hi-Points are accurate and reliable, the saying that they are worthless because of the price tag gets parroted a lot by people that never owned one. You want a junk gun, get a jennings, do some research before you trash a Hi-Point just because everyone else does. They are huge and clunky, I won't debate that.

Guest crotalus01

+1. Hi Points are mostly jamomatics until you break them in (about 4 to 5 hundred rounds down the pipe). Once they are broken in it is not unusual to have them shoot as accurate as a Kimber. I have the C9, it jammed an average of 2 times per magazine until it had about 400 rounds through it, since the not a single jam in over 2K rounds fired.

No debating that they are heavy and ugly, but for the price they are great guns if you take the time to get them up and running.

I've spoken with management at both the Jackson, TN location, as well as the Rivergate location, to hand them the "no guns = no $$$" card. Both said it was a "corporate policy" to post the sign. I cannot believe this, however. I ate at their location just south of Indianapolis, IN back in April and it was not posted.

Of course, in IN, the posted sign carries no weight of law. I wish TN would do it the same way. :P

Guest kirkosaurus
Actually, Hi-Points are accurate and reliable, the saying that they are worthless because of the price tag gets parroted a lot by people that never owned one. You want a junk gun, get a jennings, do some research before you trash a Hi-Point just because everyone else does. They are huge and clunky, I won't debate that.

I own a C9 and so does a friend of mine. They are anything but accurate and reliable.

I own a C9 and so does a friend of mine. They are anything but accurate and reliable.

Just about every one of them I've shot has worked pretty well. Their customer service is pretty good too. I've never seen one go back that didnt come back quickly and work just fine.

Guest RandomHero

All this talk of "posting properly" - can someone point me in the direction of a properly posted sign compared to a sign that isn't legit? I'd like to know what signs I can disregard, and which ones I should probably abide by.

Guest Bill Lumberg

There aren't any signs you should disregard. There is no specific authorized sign, unlike some other states. With some of the logic (or lack thereof) shown here, it might better for Tennessee to adopt one, rather than the "substantially similar" guidance that's there now. I suppose that the legislature, like myself, failed to predict that some permit carriers would pretend it was okay to carry if a sign didn't suit them.

• 3 weeks later...
There aren't any signs you should disregard. There is no specific authorized sign, unlike some other states. With some of the logic (or lack thereof) shown here, it might better for Tennessee to adopt one, rather than the "substantially similar" guidance that's there now. I suppose that the legislature, like myself, failed to predict that some permit carriers would pretend it was okay to carry if a sign didn't suit them.

Actually it has to have the paragraph with the TCA on it, to be properly posted. Just saying no guns allowed means nothing.