Mosin Nagant opinions

Guest mosinon

Guest foister82

i love my M44 mosin nagant. Big boom, big muzzle flash... pretty accurate too. I would stay away from the spam cans though if you can afford to (most are corrosive ammo)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you guys usually get your ammo? (Corrosive or otherwise)

All of the internet ammo houses sell the stuff.

I prefer dealing with ammunitiontogo.com.

Nothing wrong with shooting corrosive ammo. Just clean the bore and bolt with some ammoniated window cleaner or soap and water within a day or two or shooting.

I shoot the heck out of mine with surplus corrosive ammo and the gun is no worse for it.

Guest coldblackwind
Man I need to pick one of these up too, before they are all gone. I understand the M44s are already getting hard to find.

Really? I still see them all over the place, in middle tn at least.

• Moderators

Well I went to Jackson today to have lunch with an old friend and a '42 Izzy followed me home... Now to the task of cleaning the cosmoline. I tink I might wait until after I move next month before I start that process.

Guest mosinon

After reading this thread and hitting up a cool guy I know to take me out to ORSA (got a sponsor) I went to get a Mosin Nagant from Gander Mountain.

Dammit, they were both gone. So now I have to find someplace close to that sells mosins. Anyone got a place that sells them around Knoxville? I know you find them cheap online but after shipping and all I'd rather get it from a local shop.

Thanks. I'm really starting to like this forum by the way. People seem much more civil when they know the person they are chatting with is armed...

Guest mosinon

Thanks SlickRick, that will be a cheaper option. I'd probably still rather go local but for 79 bucks I'm not complaining. I've never done the shipping thing, does it piss off local guys? I think Coal Creek Armory charges extra for not in stock stuff and I don't think Gander Mountain will do it at all.

Guest mosinon

I've honestly thought long and hard about the C&R license option. I think that is thirty bucks but it takes awhile. And I'm not going to buy really collectible old guns. I will be happily buying unwanted old guns though. Tough decision.

MudBugjr:

I can't tell you a good price with any certainty. To me it seemed like $129 was really nice for a useful gun that would be a lot of fun to shoot. I can give you the lowdown on the deal as far as I know it:

With the right license you can import crates of these things. I think there are 20 to a crate and it ends up costing (I think) 60 bucks a rifle. So the whole crate sets you back 1200 bucks. But that is just internet stuff and probably not reflective of reality.

I think you have to ask yourself how much you'd pay for something fun and interesting to shoot. I'd give more than 119 for a 100 fps airgun so 119 for a rifle is no big deal to me.

On the other hand, if you aren't going to do something with it I'd argue that a nickel is to expensive.