TGO Logo Hats - Who is interested?

TGO David

Would you buy and wear a TGO hat to keep your melon in the shade?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy and wear a TGO hat to keep your melon in the shade?

• Yes! I'd want the 3-color logo though.
    • Yes! I'd want the subdued color logo though.
    • No... I am a hat-a-phobe and don't like wearing them.

• Administrator

This post was revised on Wednesday, September 26, 2007...

Ok folks here is how this is going to work out. Hero Gear in Winchester, TN will be the official supplier of the TGO logo apparel. Joe already has a good relationship with an embroidery business down there by virtue of having hats and things made for the store. Joe also sells 5.11 Tactical apparel so he can provide shirts and other such things bearing the TGO logo on them.

The plan is that Hero Gear will stock some hats and common sizes in shirts in the store. You will be able to stop by and pick them up or Joe will even do sales over the phone and ship your merchandise to you. If you want something emblazoned with the TGO logo and Joe doesn't have it in stock, he has said that he will work with you on a case by case basis and try to fulfill that request.

!!! PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO ORDER YET !!!

I'll let Joe post something about this, including pricing, once the final details get hammered out. I'll be sending him a logo in the next 24 hours that he can supply to the embroidery shop and get things rolling. Once Hero Gear is ready to sell, either Joe or I will post something about it. This was just to let everyone know that the idea hasn't died. ;)

More details soon!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

PS: I know Reef will ask for a flex-fit cap. Once we are set up with the embroidery shop, I am sure they can produce our logo on anything you want but it will be a little more expensive if done in onesie twosie orders.

This means polo shirts, bikini briefs, whatever... ;)

For the moment we'll just stick to the low profile khaki hat in quantity since I've seen them in person and know that they look really darn good.

Guest Verbal Kint
so that it doesn't stick out like a turd in a punch bowl.

That mental image had me laughing at my desk. So to test the the true power of the intArwebz, I was mandated to google the phrase and see if anyone actually had a picture posted somewhere.

Needless to say, aside for the artistic merit, I wasn't disappointed. ;)

turd_in_punchbowl.jpg

P.S. - I vote for subdued on the khaki hat. I think the colored logo would only look good on a darker (black?) background.

• Administrator
I am not a hat ;) person,

but if you order T-shirts count me in. :D And if possible several different colors of shirts and types of shirts would be good too. Maybe a golf shirt with the logo...

I'm a hat person more when I am shooting or just in the great outdoors. When shooting, it keeps the brass out of my face. I didn't show you guys the bigass blister that was on my left eyelid from a piece of brass that got me a week ago. Should have taken a picture of that one!

Hats also keep the ticks out of my scalp when I'm out in the woods. ;)

T-Shirts are a very remote possibility at this point. You have to order quantities in order to make screen printing cost effective, and then you have to make sure you don't order too many of one size and not enough of another... and you always end up stuck with sizes that no one wants. I hate doing group t-shirts for that reason alone.

But embroidered golf shirts are a do-able thing! :D

Guest Verbal Kint

But embroidered golf shirts are a do-able thing! :D

I would definitely be more interested in a polo/golf shirt, with embroidery, than a hat. I would score a subdued hat if they were made, don't get me wrong, but I would be way more apt to wear the shirt on a normal basis. I'm not very much a hat person either. ;)