LaserLyte V2 troubles

I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with LaserLyte V2 subcompact sight.

I bought one at G&L and loved it for 2 range sessions (about 150 rounds).

It began working at only 50% intensity for a shot or two then back to 100%. I would turn it off and use the gun sights and it would come on by itself. I exchanged it for a new unit and the same thing. This time I did not want to bother G&L with it so I called customer service and was told they have a problem with some units not having the rear face plate completely tightened. There are (2) .050 allen screws that could have been left just partially tightened. They suggested I completely hand tighten them and see how it works.I will try this and post here with the results.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:bat:Well, it seems that the unit is defective I removed it and tightened the rear face plate just a tad bit more and still have the problem. Although I haven't fired the gun, I can turn it on and it is OK for about 5 seconds then goes to about 50% intensity. Cuts it down to about armlength range. Needless to say I'm sending it back to be repaired or replaced. Perhaps

I can weasle them in to exchanging it for the new rear sight version. However if the reliability is equalled in this product I just want my money back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.