Help Deciding on Judge or something else

Hitower

Well i just watched the "melon head" video on the Taurus website and i'm pretty convinced by that video, although i realize it was made by Taurus so its pretty biased. I'm going with what mousegunner said, If i get it and don't like it than i'll just trade for something else. Hopefully by this weekend i'll have fired a few rounds threw one. Now if i can just find that magnum edition somewhere in this area.

Here is the link for the vid by the way..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ghostrider
Its not 45 acp,but 45Colt.

I realize that. That sentence should have gone with the paragraph about my 45 ACP weapons.

My keyboard keeps making errors like that... :rolleyes:

Guest HexHead
Well i just watched the "melon head" video on the Taurus website and i'm pretty convinced by that video, although i realize it was made by Taurus so its pretty biased. I'm going with what mousegunner said, If i get it and don't like it than i'll just trade for something else. Hopefully by this weekend i'll have fired a few rounds threw one. Now if i can just find that magnum edition somewhere in this area.

Here is the link for the vid by the way..

Anyone else think that blonde looks like a Tranny? :rolleyes:

My wife always points that out to me when we see that commercial. LOLOLOL

Guest tlondon

I dont own one but have shot one. Its was fun to shoot and I think it would make an ok defense gun. In the video link it shows the judge being shot at a shoot-n-c target and I know its only a paper target but if the pellets from 1 or 2 shotshells where hitting the BG in the face and then a 45LC to the torso (if needed) it would be a bad day for him.

• Administrator
If I am defending myself against an aggressor then my hands will be holding a weapon, which could possibly be the Judge (which I would still recommend as a viable self-defense weapon), the aggressor that made me pull a gun is most likely holding a weapon also. I do not think they will be holding arms up as blocking material against the bullets flying.

The FBI requirements are not being discounted; they need them. Self defense situations will not require as much penetration. The guy at the end of your hall can easily be handled by 4 pellets of 000 buck hitting him at 1200fps.

You're still missing the point. :)

The fact is, the penetration requirement exists because your rounds may very likely need to penetrate bone, clothing, etc. And not just the rib bone. It may be several bones. It may be several bones AND the gun the guy is holding in his hand.

Unlike at the range, real targets don't stand perfectly square in front of you and wait to be shot.

Well i went to the local shooting range today where they also sell guns, They had the Judge that i wanted and i handled it and checked it out. In the case next to it they had the Springfield XD's, I had been reading about these as well so i decided to check out one of them. I have to say after handling the XD, i have almost changed my mind. It felt much better and wasn't to much of a price difference. They only had .40 and 9mm though. I checked around a few other places but now i think i've got my mind set on the .45 XD.

For an all around defense weapon the XD may be better for you. Even though you say that mostly the weapon will be in the car or at home, you might find it nice to carry with you from time to time. I convinced myself of the same thing, but now find myself carrying on my person about 98% of the time that I can carry. If I were you I would look for maybe a compact XD or one with different magazine sizes to go from full size capacity to compact carry size to open your options up even more.

I get to Knoxville maybe once a month or a bit less. If I am up that way anytime soon you are welcome to shoot my Judge or XDM.

I get to Knoxville maybe once a month or a bit less. If I am up that way anytime soon you are welcome to shoot my Judge or XDM.

That would be awsome, I still want a judge to and I havn't met anyone around here who has one I could try.

alternatint .45lc and 00buck seems to work. less chance of collaterall damage and you have spread if you need it.

In apartment living I could see how less penetration would be a good thing for the neighbors. Actually is one of the reasons I got the Judge, but I have two walls that I can worry a bit less about what is behind my target. So maybe with any luck I can get the bad guy to stand where I need:) Actually tactically the two walls are probably where an encounter would occur anyway....i.e. entrance way.

Am still experimenting with different ammo with the Judge, but usually leave whatever I am carrying for the day on the bedside table.