Molly's in Memphis

There was a recent thread on here about the anti-gun stance of the owner of Molly's La Casita. The news is reporting that a man tried to abduct a child in front of his parents this afternoon while they were eating at Molly's. Molly's might need to rethink their policies!

Edited by EMTRN
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nokomom

GOD how horrible. Where was that damn scary woman owner manager thing? Thank goodness this story has a happy ending. Many parents and children face a different outcome in situations like this one.

Guest nokomom

I am so furious right now I can barely contain it! That freaking woman manager lady said no one should need a weapon in her bar! I had my sweet 9 year old daughter with me the last and final time I was in there.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.”

My wife and I were just watching the news and saw this story. I had to fill her in on the previous thread. Her response...we won't be going anywhere where we can't caryy and protect ourselves and our future children. This just highlights the reasons we moved out of Memphis ans found ourselves a great little house out in the country!!!!

On a personal note, I would have handled it far different than the sheeple father. The cops wouldn't have needed to be called only the morgue after I beat the ever loving s**t out of the guy who tried to abduct my son. And they would have needed to do DNA feasting to identify him because his face and dental records would have been useless!!!!

Guest db99wj

Saw that, thought of the originial thread from nokomom, and it makes me furious.

Will be having another talk about stranger danger with my kids tonight.

Guest canynracer

Man Arrested for Molly's

Kidnap Attempt

Boy Grabbed from Bathroom of Midtown

Restaurant

Updated: Monday, 24 Aug 2009, 11:20 AM CDT

Published : Monday, 24 Aug 2009, 11:20 AM CDT

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A man is in custody after the attempted kidnapping of a little boy from a Midtown restaurant Friday night.

Police say that 48-year old Brian Williamson tried to grab a 7-year old boy as he was leaving the restroom at Molly's La Casita on Madison Avenue, but the boy screamed for help and ran away.

Williamson chased after the boy, but was stopped by the boy's parents.

Williamson is charged with aggravated kidnapping and is currently being held on $150,000 bond.

wow....dude is lucky that wasnt one of my kids...
Maybe I am just over protective, but I would not let my 7 year old go to the restroom at a restaurant (much less a bar) by him/herself. I watch my 10 year old girl like a hawk in public places.

My wife insists one of the two of us accompany our 7yo daughter.

Guest crotalus01

YES Mollys is posted, although it is the circle/slash variety that does not carry the weight of law. Regardless, I will no longer patronize the place, especially after reading about the tirade Nokomom was subjected to by the owner.

FYI every posting I have seen in the Midtown Memphis area has no weight of law except Tsunami, their sign is 100% get cited if you carry here correct.