EBR Disease

poak

Most of us here have EBR Disease, albeit we may all be in different stages.

With demand tapering and prices returning to sane levels, what's on your drawing board right now? Will you be building, or taking advantage of prices on off the shelf rifles?

I plan on starting another build or 3 as soon as I secure steady employment again.

Here's what's on my agenda, in no particular order:

Lightweight/KISS rifle

SPR

SBR

M16A4gery

I'm also toying with the idea of a .308 build.

I'll probably build the SPR, SBR, and M16A4gery, but I'm considering going off the shelf for my lightweight/KISS rifle. I've got my eyes on Colt, LMT, and DD right now, but haven't ruled out an M&P.

So, what's on your mind/drawing board right now to supress your EBR disease?

ETA: Also, anybody got their eyes on Magpul's BAD? http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/badnewsfeed.pdf

Edited by poak
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first up for me is a HDR rifle, most likely a off-shelf rifle, either colt or S&W probably. then plan on building a few hunting ARs on Hero-Gear lowers with his walnut wooden furniture. in .223, 6.8SPC, and .458SOCOM. id love to have a Hero-Gear AR-10 lower( possibility Joe?) to build a .308 off from.

there are a few other shelf ARs that i want, but they arent high on the want list

Prices are nowhere near sane enough for me to be buying.

:hat:

Stripped lowers are in stock and shipping at several vendors in the $89-$120, Colt 6920s can be found for $1200ish, M&Ps and RRAs $900ish, DD XV's for $1k?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think these are sane and reasonable prices.

Guest smittyb
I'd get one off the shelf, everytime i wanna build one from scratch, it seems more expensive.

I was just discussing with my brother yesterday that you can now buy a FAL a lot cheaper than you can build one.

I've got a stripped CMMG lower sitting on my desk. My LPK will be here tomorrow and I'll be ordering my buttstock this week. As for what upper, I know it will be 5.56 and a 16 inch barrel but I have no clue outside of that. I still have alot to learn about twists and all that before I can decide how to spend my money on my upper.

Guest donfromtexas

I want to get an AR type rifle first, although I am now leaning toward the 308 versions, and then on with the rest of my want list. (maybe get the Mossberg first too, got a great offer on one and may not be able to refuse it)

Ive got 5 stripped lowers just sitting in the safe. One or two are going to get the SBR treatment. One with a 7.5 inch upper and the other a 10.5 LWRC upper. I also want to build a dissipator which is a 16 inch barrel with rifle length handguards. One will be just a 20 inch upper with nothing special. And I would like to a 20 inch gun in the same style they were issued in Vietnam, triangle handguards and three prong flash hider. That is whats on my black rifle list for the future.

-Jason G

Ive got 5 stripped lowers just sitting in the safe. One or two are going to get the SBR treatment. One with a 7.5 inch upper and the other a 10.5 LWRC upper. I also want to build a dissipator which is a 16 inch barrel with rifle length handguards. One will be just a 20 inch upper with nothing special. And I would like to a 20 inch gun in the same style they were issued in Vietnam, triangle handguards and three prong flash hider. That is whats on my black rifle list for the future.

-Jason G

Sounds like you've got some pretty awesome builds coming up.

I know you've already got a lower ready for it, but have you seen all of NoDak Spud's retro AR parts? They're actually making replica "slick side" lowers, reproduction front pins, triangular charging handles, triangular handguards, etc. It's worth checking out:

NoDak Spud Retro Lowers

Oh yeah? I thought you found somebody?

I think I remember Smith talking about Red Jacket being pretty in a thread recently.

I PM'd him about it. Will at Red Jacket did my first Saiga to AK103 clone and it was very nice. My second one just left today to have some front end work done.