Attaching Hanging Deer Stands??

Guest walkingdeadman

Guest walkingdeadman

Today I put up my new hang-on stand that I just got from my good buddy memphismason. I put it about 20 feet high on the tree, and I noticed that it had a hard time gripping the tree. After I put some weight on it, it seemed to stay a little better once it bit into the tree. Then I put tie-downs aorund both the seat and the foot rest to insure it was fully secure. Do you think I am going about thig right? i messed with the stand a little aorund my house before I took it out, it seems simple enough. I just wanted some feedback from you all. The stand is great and will be awesome to hunt in, just checking for safety reasons. I tried to find a pic of it to show you all, but couldn't..sorry.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

I use ratchet tie downs on mine that seem a little loose. Seems like the right thing to do. Remimber most accidents happen climbing in and out of the stand so wear fall restraint up and down.

Guest walkingdeadman
+1 on the ratchet tie downs. That is what I use on my ladder stands.

**Cough** sure wish I knew where I could get a new cushion for my ladder stand**Cough**

I made one for you last year. I still have it. Its a nice one to, green fabric on about 3.5 inches of foam...just need to give it to you when I see you next time.

Guest Jcochran88

Not sure what kind of stand you have, but mine all came with ratchet straps on top and bottom. Once you get them good and tight no worries. Like everyone else said don't forget that saftey harness and climbing rope.

Guest redbarron06
Guy's and Gal's,

PLEASE do be careful with treestand's ,a friend of mine died a few year's ago due to a fall from a treestand.

Always I have a climbing harness that allows me to go up and down and never be without a safety. Never carry my gun or bow up the treee with me I always use a pull up string. I also upgrade all of the cheap d-rings that they like to put on these harness with mil grade "locking d-rings". I got one you can tow a freaking car with if you wanted to. I am a firm believer that in a fight between my and gravity, gravity will win.:)

Guest walkingdeadman

Good advice everyone. I know when I climbed up that tree, I prayed just a little. It has been a long time since I climbed a tree like that. I felt like I was ten again..ha. Once I got all my climbing steps in and the stand up and secure I felt waaayyy better about it. Like I posted earlier, I put it up in a tree in my back yard maybe about 4 feet off the ground. But when it comes to 20 feet and it in the middle of the woods its just a little bit different.

Guest clutepc

I spent the past two days in my climbing stand this weekend. (Summit Razor)

This is my first year with one and it'll take some getting used to that's for sure.

Standing with a bow trying to aim and swaying with the wind is a little different to say the least..lol

Couldn't image climbing without a harness.

I was using the harness that comes with the summit stands but I switched to a HSS harness and it was a big difference with how easy it was to put on and you just feel more locked in the harness.

https://secure.huntersafetysystem.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4