Looking for karaoke in Memphis tonight that is pro-2nd

Guest nokomom

Guest nokomom

My sister scooped up the squirt for the night so my husband and I have a rare opportunity to go out. Now, from what I've read before karaoke and guns just don't mix BUT I really would like to find someplace has not posted.

I read that TJ Mulligans has posted in Cordova, but is the location at Quince been posted too? The Memphis Flyer listed them as having karaoke tonight and we have friends in that area that we could probably convince to meet us there. Any nice forum singers out there of course are welcome to come too!

Thanks guys!

UPDATE: We just called and apparently the Memphis Flyer has posted incorrect information about the karaoke at Mulligan's. Yosemite Sam's in Overton Square has karaoke and is close so I guess we will check to see if it is posted. If anyone wants to come let us know.

Edited by nokomom
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nokomom

We just got back from Yosemite Sam's. There were no signs on either of the doors. We went to the bar and I ordered a club soda and my husband (not carrying) ordered a mixed drink. Everything was going splendidly until it was my turn to sing. Hanging from the karaoke dj booth was a circle/slash sign that we had not seen previously as it is tucked out of the way.

After my song my husband paid our tab, tipped well and then I asked the very nice bartender if the manager or owner was in. She responded that she was the person to talk to. Very kindly I explained briefly that I was so sorry that I had unknowingly carried in her establishment because of the lack of signs on the both entry doors. I told her that I was a HCP holder and since she was the bartender she KNEW I had not consumed any alcohol.

The lady was very nice and asked if the sign was the reason we were leaving. I said a "yes 'mam" and she looked sad and then suggested I just take my gun and leave it in the car. I informed her that my car has been broken into in that lot before and no, it was not a good idea.

I really think that this lady was nice and if we have some of our Memphis HCP go in to grab a plate lunch she could be swayed. Change sometimes happens one at a time folks as others on this forum have already mentioned.

Yosemite Sams

2126 Madison Ave

Memphis, TN 38104-6502

(901) 726-6138

Not sure if I'd even really worried about it.

Since the law says a property owner can designate just part of the property as off limits, a sign on the DJ booth and not the outer doors, could mean carry is just prohibited in the DJ booth. But even that is the case, the circle and slash is not enough by itself.

However a polite discussion and letting someone know your posistion is always good, even if there stance is improperly relayed.

Hopefully you can bring her around.