What Irritates You?

Garufa

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
I never had a problem getting a job in Cookeville when I was a student there a few years ago. Hmm, must be your attitude...

-BrandonTN

Maybe the important part of what you wrote was "a few years ago". Don't try to be smart, you might hurt yourself. :mad:

Maybe the important part of what you wrote was "a few years ago". Don't try to be smart, you might hurt yourself. :mad:

Have you contacted Duncan Transfer and Storage on Hwy 111? Last I heard Freddy Duncan was going to sell the company, but as far as I know it's still a Mayflower Van Lines agent.

Of course, don't bother calling unless you're really looking for work.

Guest SUNTZU

Weigel's straws and coffee stirrers not being in wrappers. Who knows what leprous, wart covered, unwashed, Hep C having hands have been digging all through those straws. So I stopped using them. I figure a spilled Coke in my truck is worth it. Blech.

Guest clsutton21
Have you contacted Duncan Transfer and Storage on Hwy 111? Last I heard Freddy Duncan was going to sell the company, but as far as I know it's still a Mayflower Van Lines agent.

Of course, don't bother calling unless you're really looking for work.

I'm used to hard work, I'm farm born and raised. My only problem is that I have school taking up 70% of my daylight...so a job like that is out of the question right now, or until next summer.

I'm used to hard work, I'm farm born and raised. My only problem is that I have school taking up 70% of my daylight...so a job like that is out of the question right now, or until next summer.

I lived in the Cookeville area for a while, but I had a similar problem. There were jobs to be had back then, but none of them wanted to pay worth a damn. I had no choice but to leave for much more money.

I deliver to several flooring stores and cabinet shops that may be looking for help, but since you're in school during the day, that probably wouldn't help much either.

Guest GunTroll

Lying idiots! Or people who will lie because they are afraid of "friendly" competition! Adds more fuel to my desire to out sell/produce/ or profit them!

And crappy customer service. I've been "undercover" so to speak in so many gun shops lately that I get to see how customer service is being steeped on and B) on in the gun industry. I'm watching!

By the way Guns and Leather is not on the crap list. Very nice! Allen's gun shop in Clarkesville is ok too!

Poor, non delivering customer service.

I ordered some tractor parts last Tuesday. I prepaid, too. The parts guy told me to expect them in about a week, and that they would call me. I didn't hear from them, so I stopped by today to check on things. The guy behind the counter looked, check a file, then just shrugged and told me to try again Monday. I explained that I've been waiting almost two weeks. He shrugged again and said "Well, that's just how it goes..."

I try to be laid back. I'm running old equipment. I understand it will break down, I realize that it's more difficult to find parts for a 40 year old machine than a 4 year old one. But the lack of service irritates me. If they had called me after a week and explained what was going on, I wouldn't mind as much. Heck, if the parts guy today had even acted like he gave a rat's behind I'd be far more forgiving. But now? They've seen the last of my money. If my parts come in Monday, I'll not spend another dime there. If they don't show up, I'm asking for a refund and I'll find them myself. It's disappointing, too. I've spent a lot of money with these folks on new equipment. The service was never super amazing, but it was good enough that I wanted to support the local guy. Now? Not a chance.

Maybe I'm spoiled. I'm an equipment mechanic for a dealership. Even on older equipment, if we don't have it in stock at our shop, we have it the next morning. Really! If you call in at 4:00 PM and need something, 9.5 times out of 10 we have it by 8:00 the next day. If we don't, you can bet that there's a good reason, like "This piece has to be custom built at the factory, as it's a major component of your equipment." Not "Well, that's just how it goes..." I could UPS something from California and have it here in under two weeks!

Guest clsutton21
Poor, non delivering customer service.

I ordered some tractor parts last Tuesday. I prepaid, too. The parts guy told me to expect them in about a week, and that they would call me. I didn't hear from them, so I stopped by today to check on things. The guy behind the counter looked, check a file, then just shrugged and told me to try again Monday. I explained that I've been waiting almost two weeks. He shrugged again and said "Well, that's just how it goes..."

I try to be laid back. I'm running old equipment. I understand it will break down, I realize that it's more difficult to find parts for a 40 year old machine than a 4 year old one. But the lack of service irritates me. If they had called me after a week and explained what was going on, I wouldn't mind as much. Heck, if the parts guy today had even acted like he gave a rat's behind I'd be far more forgiving. But now? They've seen the last of my money. If my parts come in Monday, I'll not spend another dime there. If they don't show up, I'm asking for a refund and I'll find them myself. It's disappointing, too. I've spent a lot of money with these folks on new equipment. The service was never super amazing, but it was good enough that I wanted to support the local guy. Now? Not a chance.

Maybe I'm spoiled. I'm an equipment mechanic for a dealership. Even on older equipment, if we don't have it in stock at our shop, we have it the next morning. Really! If you call in at 4:00 PM and need something, 9.5 times out of 10 we have it by 8:00 the next day. If we don't, you can bet that there's a good reason, like "This piece has to be custom built at the factory, as it's a major component of your equipment." Not "Well, that's just how it goes..." I could UPS something from California and have it here in under two weeks!

Who are you dealing with?

Guest db99wj

That this country celebrates the lives of a pedohphile at the beginning of the summer and a murderer/cheater/extreme liberal currently at the end of summer and put them on pedestals as if they were Saints.

Just had to teach my 10 year old about the Chappaquiddick incident and who Mary Jo Kopechne was along with his cheating in college and a few other political stances, after she turned on the tv and saw the funeral and told my other kids a "special" person has died. She doesn't think so anymore.

Guest GunTroll
That this country celebrates the lives of a pedohphile at the beginning of the summer and a murderer/cheater/extreme liberal currently at the end of summer and put them on pedestals as if they were Saints.

Just had to teach my 10 year old about the Chappaquiddick incident and who Mary Jo Kopechne was along with his cheating in college and a few other political stances, after she turned on the tv and saw the funeral and told my other kids a "special" person has died. She doesn't think so anymore.

Thats a good one!

Guest tnmale46
After reading the last 3 pages I've changed my initial answer...

What irritates me is people that think just because they disagree with something, dislike something, or don't understand it, it gives them the right/power to do away with it or tell the person doing it they are wrong.

This is still a free country right now. I'll tint my damn windows, I'll enjoy my cigarette, I'll pray to Jesus Christ, I'll eat red meat, I'll carry a gun, and I will live my life as I see fit.

amen brother B):tough:B)

I agree with the following:

People that say "clips" instead of magazines.

Illegals that won't learn ENGLISH, and then taxpayers paying for translators just to be able to offer them all kinds of services that they shouldn't qualify for anyways. If you are gonna move to America, learn the language & move here legally!!

Not lining up perfectly in a parking spot greatly annoys me.

Walmart: only 2 checkout lanes open when they have 30...
What irritates me is all these people asking questions that they could just as easily find the answer to by a quick search. whats the best round, whats the best gun, how long do I have to wait wa wa wa . Dam do you have someone to wipe your ass also. Get a grip and take responsibility for your life.

Road Debris.

Anyone who throws their garbage out the window of their car.

People who use "reply to all" on EVERY email, regardless of the issue.

And people that don't clean up an email before forwarding so it has 5, 10, 20 of the previous posters' "To:" list and forwarding lines to the left. Geez, it isn't that hard to clean up. Stop being lazy.

Oh, and also I'm constantly bothered by the lack of spelling, syntax, grammar skills, etc. on the internet.

People continually voting for the same two parties every election expecting things to change, and saying a third party has no chance of winning.
Failure to treat a traffic signal outage as a 4-way stop.

I am still mad about Firefly getting canceled...

I hate people that talk in "text talk" or shorthand. You know, like saying O M G instead of Oh My God or W T F instead of What The Freak or similar.

I hate it when people use too many abbreviations when typing in an email with a full sized keyboard. Lazy, lazy.

Killers getting life instead of death.

And: Bigots of any kind.

And: Extreme conservatists and liberalists that don't realized there are literally millions of people in the middle. Not everything is cut and dry one way or the other.

And: People who talk on the phone in their car without a headset. Who WANTS to talk on the friggin phone that much anyway?

And: Retail stores, like gun/arms stores, that don't have a web site with lots of information.

And: People who spit.

Edited by ~Emily~