Athens Gun Show ???

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more or less a basketball court full of tables. I'm attending setup today and if I have time this evening I'll try and post a report.

IIRC, there IS air conditioning at this armory. :usa:

I'm pretty sure vz58kid, slimjim, Joe Harris, bullwinkle, KAISER, JohnHenry, slimjimjr, and gunfighter will be able to point me out if he attends. :stare:

Failing that, look for the cheapest ammo in the show, that will be me.

Setup didn't reveal much, promoter only has the venue open 'til 5 p.m. for setup. Apparently many folks setting up tomorrow. I'd guess it was 70% full (tables were covered) with about 30% empty tables. I know several folks do indeed set up on Saturday mornings, so hopefully it will be full.

Admission is $5, kids free. I guess that means <12, I dunno.

Didn't see much of what was offered as only a couple of tables were uncovered.

One way to spot me is my "cash for clunkers" sign. That and I'm right next to the header.

Guest Traumaslave

Nice little show. About 95% full. Prices have come down alot. No primers. My boy got his first pocket knife from a nice gentleman. At 4, Momma isn't too happy with it but,,,,,,,,,,,,:hiding:

Guest Rugerman

I thought it was a poor show with some absurd ammo prices, same garbage on the same tables I've seen for a few months now. Same guy paying for a table each show to try to get $565 out of his SR9. Spuds had some good prices though.

Well for my first time I thought it was a decent show. Ammo prices don't surprise me anymore. If I would have bought any Spuds would have gotten my business because his prices were the closest to realistic. He's a Real knowledgeable guy and nothing like this forum suggest, lol. At least not while I was there. Also met rugerman, real nice guy as well.

Me and jsjracing bought a couple little goodies and headed back to k-town.

Good show or bad show I am just happy we still have them :tough:

fujimo