Greyhound

Guest tatts

Well, I just found out that I have to go to springfield MO next week. The bad part is that I HAVE to go via a greyhound bus. It has been more than 30 years since I rode a greyhound. I have tried everything to avoid this type of transportation. I told my wife that if I MUST go by greyhound, I would not be comfortable without carrying my handgun. Ther are alot of strange people that ride the bus. I havnt checked greyhounds policy yet. Do any of you know their policy and what are your thoughts about it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Traveling By Bus

On Board Restrictions

For everyone's safety and comfort, Greyhound asks that customers please follow certain restrictions while on board. Federal law does not permit smoking on Greyhound buses. We have a zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs, weapons and unruly behavior.

From Baggage Information

Prohibited Items for Checked Baggage

Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials (poisons, radioactive materials, etc.), materials with a disagreeable odor, matches, merchandise for resale, protruding articles, or any unsecured articles including those in plastic or paper bags are prohibited. Electronic equipment (television, stereos, etc.), film (flammable), and perishable items (food) may be sent using Greyhound PackageXpress with appropriate packing. Items such as money and prescription medication may not be checked as baggage and are to be carried in the customer's possession.

THIS IS NOT GOOD. I may just have to resign. Other drivers who have had to do the same thing have given horror stories about their trips via greyhound. People getting drunk, stoned and picking fights on the bus. One guy even had a knife pulled out on him. None of them indicated that the bus driver did anything. I guess I will just have to find another job...

Well if people are doing those things, it just shows you how strictly (or not) they must enforce these policies.

I would check further, because I do not know for sure, but it doesn't appear you would be breaking any law if you carried, so worst that could happen is being put off the bus.

I assume they will not let you travel in your own vehicle for some reason.

Cant take my own vehical. I have to pick up a semi. Company will not spring for a one way car rental. If i rent one on my own it would take most of what I will make to pick this truck up. I cant find anything that says I would be breaking the law and putting my permit in jeapordy. So I might just carry anyway. No one would know unless I had to pull my weapon to protect myself or another person.

Guest db99wj

Weapons.....I would assume they are talking about illegal weapons like illegal drugs, alcohol and unruly behavior, they don't prohibit legal drugs, or normal behavior.....

Guest JHatmaker

I thought Grey hound was like $50 for a trip. Most care rentals for one day are around $30-40 for one day.

Sorry to hear you "gotta go greyhound". Keep it concealed.

Guest HexHead
No one would know unless I had to pull my weapon to protect myself or another person.

Under the circumstances, I wouldn't bother with the "another person" part.

Guest HexHead
I thought Grey hound was like $50 for a trip. Most care rentals for one day are around $30-40 for one day.

Most car rental companies charge a huge surcharge if it's a one way rental.

The 2nd rule posted looks like it applies to CHECKED baggage which is carried under the bus.

A zero tolerance policy for unruly behavior weapons et al? lol Sounds like a school system. I'd carry in a heartbeat.

Edited by Volphin
oops
The 2nd rule posted looks like it applies to CHECKED baggage which is carried under the bus.

A zero tolerance policy for unruly behavior weapons et al? lol Sounds like a school system. I'd carry in a heartbeat.

Judging from the crackheads I saw outside the Atlanta bus station, that would be a wise idea.

Guest jackdm3

You could go to the station and observe their checkpoints and see how far you would get. If you don't see detection now, why worry? Buuuuuttt, they may have measures when you board to return. Hmmmmm ...

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Especially if that bus may be going through or stopping somewhere like Illinois.

You don't wanna get caught in IL, them aholes will slam your ass in jail faster than you can say anything in your defense.