Walther P22 vs Sig Mosquito

Jax970

Guest Bonedaddy

Don't really know from experience, but I read alot of reviews and comparisons on those 2 guns and the Phoenix HP-22A. The Phoenix was more accurate than the others, heavier, felt better in the hand and much cheaper but loves the high velocity CCI rds. And the clip safety sucks but easy to negate with a Dremel tool. The combo comes with 2 barrels, a 3 inch and a 5 inch target barrel and accurate with both. A pain to dissasemble till you get used to it. A Bic lighter helps alot. Happy enough for the price with it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife wants a pink digital camo p22.

I don't like the idea of a pink gun as I think it takes away from the seriousness of firearms, but... getting her what she wants usually translates into me being able to get myself something I've been looking for...

I'll let you know how I like it, but like I said in the intro don't hold your breath as I am in China for another 10 months...

Guest someyoungguy

I bought a new P22 about 6-8 months ago to get my wife shooting... She loves it! I had taught her with an old H&R 9-shot revolver my granddad left me (it's nice too). She likes shooting the Walther very much. I get the biggest kick out of watching her that grin form on her face as she's popping off rounds. She can burn through a brick in no time at all. One other note, she was shooting and reloading my buddy's Ruger the other day and commented that the spring assist knob on those Ruger mags are much more difficult/tight than those on the Walther (my buddy agreed). They were making her thumb sore, that never has happened with the P22.

I've got a couple of buddies with the Sig and the Ruger and they are much more involved to shot than the P22. I've ran all types of ammo through all of these guns and the only one that will not fail is the Walther. Sure, after it gets dirty it feeds slower, but it does not FTE or stovepipe. My buddy's Ruger stovepipes alot. The Sig's trigger would keep me away.

As for accuracy, I don't have any issues. In fact, I'm really surprise to read some of these posts. To really test the accuracy, put it on a bench then you'll know for sure if it's you or the gun. Mine is spot on!

As for cleaning (which you must do often on any .22), the Walther is waaaay better than the Ruger. Yeah, the guide rod spring is a little bit of a pain but compared to cleaning the Ruger - it's a cake walk. I haven't cleaned a Sig, so I can't speak to that.

If your looking for something fun and/or trying to get your wife or daughter shooting, get a Walther - you won't be disappointed!

Guest Rugerman

Having handled and shot both now, I prefer the P22 when just comparing these two. I can outshoot both of these guns all day with a Mark III, or even better, my Buckmark.

• 2 weeks later...