CZ SP07 for G19 - Thoughts?

Guest FiddleDog

Guest FiddleDog

I'm considering trading my barely used G19 w/night sights for a new CZ SP07. Would you consider this advisable or have I lost my mind (more than normal)?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I'm a fan of CZ's, they great guns. But a G19 is pretty tough to beat. Any specific reason why you want to trade? Or just looking to mix things up.

I think you'd be very happy with the CZ, and if for some reason you just hate it. You could probably sell the CZ and get another used 19

Guest FiddleDog

The CZ just fell into my hand perfectly. I picked it up and was like "dude, that's what it's supposed to feel like. The Glock doesn't feel bad, but dang, that CZ felt good.

The CZ just fell into my hand perfectly. I picked it up and was like "dude, that's what it's supposed to feel like. The Glock doesn't feel bad, but dang, that CZ felt good.

Assuming you meant the CZ P07, but really, your statement says it all. CZ makes quality firearms (I've owned one or two of their pistols, and have a couple rifles that I'm considering being buried with). If you've found true love, go for it!

Guest JHatmaker

Do a search in this forum on that CZ, Smith (member here) did a nice post on why he thinks it's got all the features of a perfectly balanced carry gun.

Personally, I would sell the G19 and then pick up the P07. The P07 you can get OTD for 448-470 NIB and you can probably sell the G19 w/ night sites for around $500 or better. Then you can buy more ammo.

I've had two G19's and really liked them, but what I like about the P07 better:

- hammer fired (restrike capable)

- multiple trigger options (DA/SA or SA)

- 17 capacity (G19 is 16, not a big deal)

- the BIG one - ergo's!

The drawbacks ATM in comparison:

- new platform (possible teething issues)

- lack of holster options

- mag cost

All theses I think will be negated in the near future.