What we built this week.

USMCJG

This is a solid cherry(except for the subsurface of the back and drawer bottoms) gun cabinet we built for a guy this week. It's a built-in and the walls around it will be covered in cherry raised panels. It still needs the drawer fronts(the screws in the fronts of the drawers are there so that they can be opened until we install the drawer fronts and pulls), felt, lights, and the glass doors with cherry frames. The four rectangular areas below the main long gun storage will be covered in felt and have pegs to hang handguns on. What do you guys think?

ReloadingBench4-21-09025-1.jpg

ReloadingBench4-21-09027.jpg

ReloadingBench4-21-09028.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it will be a beautiful display case, but what about keeping the criminals from getting their hands on them?
The guns are just sitting in there for the pictures. There will of course be locks on the cabinet and one very pissed off retired vet around if someone decides to try anything. With this guys location and security system, I don't think there will be a problem. Besides, it's what the customer wanted and the customer is always right.:)

Cliff

You're right! If that's what he wants, that's what he'll get. I've always been a safe kinda guy, but if has other means of keeping criminals away, more power to him.

I'd like to see the finished product. It appears to be a quality built cabinet. Keep us posted.

I agree, I'm a safe kind of guy too. I actually recommended a safe, but he wanted a display cabinet. But as I said, I really don't think security will be an issue. Let's put it this way, if it were my house, I wouldn't think twice about having a display cabinet there instead of a safe.

I'll post more pics when it's finished, but it may be a while.

• 9 months later...

I built it and I'd like to see how it turned out too.:D I took a new job and never got a chance to see it after it was stained and had the glass installed. I did have pics of it with the doors and drawer fronts installed but I lost them when my computer crashed.;) I'll see if I can get some pics of it all prettied up later on.