TGO Motorcycle Ride?

Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a TGO Motorcycle Ride?

• Yes, I would like to attend a TGO Ride.
    • No, I would not like to attend a TGO Ride.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set the ride route first and then folks can chime in what to see and where to eat along or near it.

Sadly, I can not do Hooters any longer so its out. A route to a gun friendly eatery would be double plus delicious!

I throw my recommendation in on your choice, the Natchez Trace. Have driven it for years as an alternate route to go hunting down in Wayne Co. I will say there is no good place to eat in the areas I get off at (Hohenwald and Waynesboro) just the usual McDs and Sonic, etc. But if someone knows something in Centerville, Columbia or even further south that I just haven't heard or know about, rock on. A nice big loop could be Trace down to 64 near Waynesboro then 64 east through Lawrencburg and Pulaski to 65, then back up by choice. This would allow those in the east area (Winchester) to just keep on 64 and go, the rest can come up 31 or 65. Just input, I just want to ride with you all.

Remember though...Natchez Trace is not a gun friendly route. Carry (even loaded weapon in or on your vehicle) still prohibited on the trace until Feb 2010

Remember though...Natchez Trace is not a gun friendly route. Carry (even loaded weapon in or on your vehicle) still prohibited on the trace until Feb 2010

That is true. If we do decide on this route, anyone who's carrying would need to be willing to keep their gun and ammo seperate during that stretch of the trip. Of course, what each individual decides to do in this situation would be their own business.

I don't usually like group rides which is why I didn't vote, but if it's going to be a ride down the Trace, I'm in. :hiding:

Yes, this is technically a "group ride", but everyone is welcome to go at their own pace. It's not mandatory that everyone ride close enough to taste the exhaust fumes. Just ride safely.:hiding:

As I've mentioned earlier, sport bikes sometimes like to go a little faster, so seperating into seperate groups is always an option.

Guest HexHead

Since I live just a couple of miles from the head of the Trace, I ride it often. One thing for people that haven't ridden it to be aware of, the speed limit for the first 20 miles or so, down to Leiper's Fork is mostly 40 mph. Then it goes to 50.

Since it's a National Park, it's patrolled by Fed Park Rangers and if you get popped for speeding, it's a $250 fine. From what I hear though, since it's a Fed ticket, it doesn't go on your license as points or for insurance purposes.

I remember reading in the motorcycling magazines back in the 70s when the Trace first opened that it was "God's gift to motorcycling." That's still true today. :hiding:

Since I live just a couple of miles from the head of the Trace, I ride it often. One thing for people that haven't ridden it to be aware of, the speed limit for the first 20 miles or so, down to Leiper's Fork is mostly 40 mph. Then it goes to 50.

Since it's a National Park, it's patrolled by Fed Park Rangers and if you get popped for speeding, it's a $250 fine. From what I hear though, since it's a Fed ticket, it doesn't go on your license as points or for insurance purposes.

I remember reading in the motorcycling magazines back in the 70s when the Trace first opened that it was "God's gift to motorcycling." That's still true today. :hiding:

Yea, the speed limit is somewhat low, but it can make for an enjoyable, relaxed cruise.

We rode 50 miles south, then 50 miles back north, and didn't see a single LEO. I'm sure they're around, but we didn't see any that day.

We did see several sport bikes, and they were obviously going far too fast to read the speed limit signs. I think the signs were such a blur that they may have seen an extra zero. They were gettin' with the program.

I will create an official Mid-Tenn TGO Ride thread, but here's what I'm thinking.

Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meeting Place: Shell Gas Station/Bar-B-Cutie

8456 Highway 100

Nashville, TN 37221

Departure Time: 10:30 A.M.

Lunch: David Crockett State Park Restaurant

1400 West Gaines (Highway 64)

Lawrenceburg , TN 38464

*** There is no firm time for lunch, but it is important to keep in mind that Lunch is served Tuesday through Sunday from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Route: From the Shell Station/Bar-B-Cutie, it's only 1-2 blocks (IIRC) to the entrance for The Natchez Trace Parkway. We will then travel roughly 74 miles to the South on The Natchez Trace Parkway. We will be exiting The Natchez Trace Parkway at Highway 64. Once at Highway 64, we will head East, until we reach David Crockett State Park for lunch.

*** As far as I know, there will not be anywhere to refuel during our stretch on The Natchez Trace Parkway. However, Self's Market is just 3-4 miles (on the left) from the intersection of The Natchez Trace Parkway and Highway 64. Self's Market is located on Highway 64 and Highway 240. This may be a good place for everyone to plan on refueling.

After lunch, we will continue East a short distance on Highway 64. From Highway 64, we will head North on Highway 43 into Columbia, TN. Once in Columbia, we will head North on Highway 31. Then we will head East on Saturn Parkway to I-65 North. I-65 North will take us into downtown Nashville.

Of course, this route may differ slightly for some, depending on where you live and where you'll be headed at the end on the Mid-Tenn TGO Ride.

At this time, I haven't planned for a rendevous point where everyone can say their goodbyes, but that can be arranged if everyone feels it's a good idea.

There will be a few more details, but that's the majority of it.

Awesome!

Now if I can get my bike out of the shop. Seems Murphy read this great thread and went outside and jumped dead in my bike. The puddle of gas under it confirmed it. Should be good to go by then though.

Nice job TDR.

Murphy nothing. You tried to grease the chain with a coffee can and an air compressor, didn't you? ;)

LOL !

I have no idea what's wrong, I came home three times to find gas leaking from one of the carb's overflow tubes for no reason. Some valve is not releasing that's supposed or releasing when it's not. Paul's repair up here has been asked to fix it once and did not so they have a second chance. If they can't find the problem and fix, it's off to Precision down in Mt. Juliet (Providence).

It will be fixed by time for this ride one way or another.

Awesome!

Now if I can get my bike out of the shop. Seems Murphy read this great thread and went outside and jumped dead in my bike. The puddle of gas under it confirmed it. Should be good to go by then though.

Nice job TDR.

Man, I hope it's ready before the ride. You have almost a month, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As soon as I sell my P220, my bike is going to TNT Performance for a carb rejetting and Dyno run(s).

This isn't something I MUST do right now, but it will need to be done sooner or later. It's running slighly rich (not too bad), and the fuel mileage isn't where it should be.

I stopped by there today to meet Konrad, the owner of TNT Performance. He couldn't have been a nicer guy. He really took the time to explain my options and made a few suggestions. I was even able to watch the process of Dynoing a bike. That was a first for me.

o

Man, I hope it's ready before the ride. You have almost a month, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As soon as I sell my P220, my bike is going to TNT Performance for a carb rejetting and Dyno run(s).

This isn't something I MUST do right now, but it will need to be done sooner or later. It's running slighly rich (not too bad), and the fuel mileage isn't where it should be.

I stopped by there today to meet Konrad, the owner of TNT Performance. He couldn't have been a nicer guy. He really took the time to explain my options and made a few suggestions. I was even able to watch the process of Dynoing a bike. That was a first for me.

o

Where is TNT Performance? I have thought about having a new pipe and re-jetting it to match it but this Suzuki needs some special care to do it! The jets are not accessible without drilling the body of the carb. I have not found anyone that I was comfortable with doing this!

Where is TNT Performance? I have thought about having a new pipe and re-jetting it to match it but this Suzuki needs some special care to do it! The jets are not accessible without drilling the body of the carb. I have not found anyone that I was comfortable with doing this!

Tnt Performance Dyno

tntperformancedyno.com

(615) 415-1570

219 Shady Grove Dr, #B

Nashville, TN

They are near McGavock and Lebanon Road.