I spent my gun money...........

Guest billwilly73

Guest billwilly73

.............but not on a new gun.

I decided I needed a safe to put my current guns in more than I needed a new gun, for now. I've been wanting a safe for awhile now and never got around to getting one because I have gun cabinets.

After my father passed away in June, I got his few guns and even though they are not expensive guns, they are priceless to me.

Well here it is......it's a Cannon 18/36 capacity 60" tall x 40" wide x 24" deep can't remember the weight but it was heavy and a PITA to move. Now I need a few more to fill her up.

safeclosed.jpg?t=1250278129

safeopen.jpg?t=1250278190

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

My collection is only 1/4 of yours, but it makes me think more about confiscation. If you have any that are not traceable to you, I'd want them away from those that are registered. I mean in an entirely different zip code. I count many of my father-in-law's with mine and he doesn't think I have anything to worry about with Obama or the next few presidents. He's 74, so I understand him being at ease, but I'm 38. So much could change, so fast. Maybe we should start a thread about long term storage to prevent rust and decay. You know, silica packs, etc.

Guest billwilly73

Thanks guys!!

Yes, I do need more. I was saving for either an AR or 1911 but got the safe instead. I'm still looking for a good deal but the funds are low now.

And yes I do have a thing for rifles, and soon hope to have as big of a thing for handguns.

My collection is only 1/4 of yours, but it makes me think more about confiscation. If you have any that are not traceable to you, I'd want them away from those that are registered. I mean in an entirely different zip code. I count many of my father-in-law's with mine and he doesn't think I have anything to worry about with Obama or the next few presidents. He's 74, so I understand him being at ease, but I'm 38. So much could change, so fast. Maybe we should start a thread about long term storage to prevent rust and decay. You know, silica packs, etc.

No guns are registered in TN. Serial numbers and owners are not sent to TBI either. The only person that might have them is a local dealer.

Guest billwilly73
Nice safe and collection! I need a safe.

Is that a SS Ruger SBH .44mag on the top shelf with Hogue grips and a scope? If so, I have one setup just like that.

Yes, that is a Blackhawk. I hope to take it deer hunting this year a few times.

Do ho mine letting us know how much something like that pug you back? I have been considering purchasing on myself one day....when I grow up.

I got it at Tractor Supply on sale for $799 plus tax.............I thought it was a good deal......plus they had lay-a-way

Guest billwilly73
Tell me more about the green 10/22. From what I can see that thing looks awesome :rock:. Maybe we could get a pic? :poop:

-Jason G

It is not finished yet but here is a picture

Predator Raptor Gunstock and Whistle Pig barrel

1022.jpg?t=1244657458

Guest TurboniumOxide

That is a pretty picture. My safe is full of socks. When the S hits the fan, you get to be sniper. k? You get to pick your team too.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
It is a good deal...I had a Cannon dealer quote me $1,750.00 for one that size today.

There is a reason for this. Not to pee on the thread starter's parade, but there is a significant difference in the build quality of a Cannon safe that you find at Tractor Supply and the top-tier Cannon safe that you can get from a dealer. Things like fire rating, steel thickness, hinge design, lock design, internal barricades against locks and hinges being bypassed, etc.

Failing to take this into consideration is like saying a $700 Chevette is a better bargain than a $21,000 Cadillac CTS-V. Both are Chevrolets, have four wheels, windows and an engine... but there is a huge difference.

That said, a $700 safe is better than storing your guns in your closet and will at least slow down a fairly lazy thief and keep your guns reasonably safe for about 30 minutes in a typical house fire.

There is a reason for this. Not to pee on the thread starter's parade, but there is a significant difference in the build quality of a Cannon safe that you find at Tractor Supply and the top-tier Cannon safe that you can get from a dealer. Things like fire rating, steel thickness, hinge design, lock design, internal barricades against locks and hinges being bypassed, etc.

Failing to take this into consideration is like saying a $700 Chevette is a better bargain than a $21,000 Cadillac CTS-V. Both are Chevrolets, have four wheels, windows and an engine... but there is a huge difference.

That said, a $700 safe is better than storing your guns in your closet and will at least slow down a fairly lazy thief and keep your guns reasonably safe for about 30 minutes in a typical house fire.

Very good points. Most thieves seem to be the run of the mill smash and grab type and even the affordable safes will keep them out. Unless someone knows you have really high dollar valuables they are not going to be prepared to tackle a safe.

I remember years ago when I bought my liberty. Got it from a guy at the gun show drove to his warehouse in ala to pick itup. he had a model I picked up for 1200$ that sold for over 2k. making room for new models. i've out grown mine as well. amazing what all I have stuck in that thing non gun related.