Red Dawn Remake to be released in 2010!

TNTitan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT_Rat
wow.. all this negativity?:lol: Lets not rain all over the parade just yet.. I liked the transformers remake. :up:

Some things you just know are going to suck.

I'm not really excited about this. The original has nearly as much relevance today as any remake. The original writer and director is a hard line conservative and has been blackballed in Hollywood, so maybe he just needs some money. I pray he doesn't sell out.

Guest Muttling
I'm not really excited about this. The original has nearly as much relevance today as any remake. The original writer and director is a hard line conservative and has been blackballed in Hollywood, so maybe he just needs some money. I pray he doesn't sell out.

Little relevance then and less relevance now. Red Dawn was a patriotic "feel good" movie.

Russia invades, nukes our major cities, and nukes a lot of China.....but we don't make a nuke response that is capable of shutting down their invasion (much less contaminating the entire planet.) Ummmm....Yeah...RIGHT. I guess the U.S. Navy was on shore leave when that movie "happened."

But I'm sure the new version of Red Dawn will more be more accurate and won't be a "feel good" story.

Little relevance then and less relevance now. Red Dawn was a patriotic "feel good" movie.

Russia invades, nukes our major cities, and nukes a lot of China.....but we don't make a nuke response that is capable of shutting down their invasion (much less contaminating the entire planet.) Ummmm....Yeah...RIGHT. I guess the U.S. Navy was on shore leave when that movie "happened."

But I'm sure the new version of Red Dawn will more be more accurate and won't be a "feel good" story.

Didn't see the movie did you?:lol: The invasion started with illegal immigration across the Mexican and Canadian borders. It was actually fairly plausible when it was explained.

Edited by Smith

Don't know if this is fact (since I read it on the interwebz), but I recall an interview with the director or writer where they said Red Dawn was based on an actual scenario used by the government for war games.

What I know is fact is that this movie combined with the Rambo sequels made the AK "cool" and I must admit to have watched RD about a dozen times. That 80's cheesiness combined with non-stop action makes it a must-have in the DVD collection and the AK a must-have in my gun collection. :P

Guest SUNTZU

See how you can get her picture from the interwebz for free? Now there's no reason to go drop forty bucks for you and yours to go see a crappy movie. I like her tactical mini skirt, though. Perfect for fighting off the Reds.

• 1 month later...
Guest Muttling

I wonder how they're going to do the initial take over and get it realistic. China doesn't have the equipment for overseas force projection and their navy's blue water capabilities are very limited.

Do an internal take over backed by conventional forces perhaps? This would be a very standard special operations tactic.

I did like the photo wall in the above video. It was nice of them to use the images of the members of of TGO in their movie. :poop:

Edited by Muttling

Well, first, congress would surrender so they could receive special considerations from the "new order". Second, TGO and like-minded patriots would become the "new Wolverines". Third, daily guerilla attacks in a target rich environment..sounds like fun.

someone sneaked on set..

Are you sure that's the set of the new Red Dawn? It might be the staging area for Obama's Civilian National Security Force.:D The posters and such would seem to make sense."Dangerous Citizen Alert", "Worker Re-Education Facility", "Obscene Choice. A Weapon of Mass Destruction. We are Here to Help.", "Helping You Back on Your Feet", "Repairing Your Economy", "Fighting Corporate Corruption". You could probably go to any ACORN office and see at least half of these signs right now.:)

Joking(maybe?) aside, I'm psyched about the new Red Dawn. I am also fairly confident that they will screw it up, but I'm hoping they surprise me. I'm also curious how they will try to make a large scale invasion of the mainland United States seem plausible.

Guest HexHead
Are you sure that's the set of the new Red Dawn? It might be the staging area for Obama's Civilian National Security Force.:D The posters and such would seem to make sense."Dangerous Citizen Alert", "Worker Re-Education Facility", "Obscene Choice. A Weapon of Mass Destruction. We are Here to Help.", "Helping You Back on Your Feet", "Repairing Your Economy", "Fighting Corporate Corruption". You could probably go to any ACORN office and see at least half of these signs right now.:)

I kept expecting to see 0bama's "HOPE" poster among the others.

Guest Revelator
A glimpse into our future perhaps? :D

It could happen one day and it's not completely laughable. If this country does fall into the bankruptcy it seems to be hurtling towards, China might just come in and say, "You know what, don't worry about paying us back. We'll just take everything west of the Rockies."

It could happen one day and it's not completely laughable. If this country does fall into the bankruptcy it seems to be hurtling towards, China might just come in and say, "You know what, don't worry about paying us back. We'll just take everything west of the Rockies."
Do you think they would just accept California? That would be a pretty sweet deal for us.:D
  • Administrator

Did you notice the propaganda posters in that video that more or less hinted at that theme? :D