TECH-9 Single Action machine pistol - MAY NOT BE SINGLE ACTION

Guest Greywolf

Guest Greywolf

I was first introduced to this gun in California. The shop I got it from is gone, so is the weapon. It was stolen in Norfolk while I was stationed there.

The gist of the discussion is that when a muzzle extension is on it, and just the right firing technique is used - that gun can fire a steady stream of rounds based on the single shot auto-feed setup and the method of handling the weapon.

What is done is to practice until a loose grip on the rear grip of the weapon allows just enough movement for the recoil to push the gun backward away from the trigger finger. Depending on the trigger action and the set of the trigger finger the body of the weapon will recoil just enough to chamber another round and a coordinated forward pressure on the muzzle extension grip can create a "ZONE" of motion wherein the gun will actually "BUZZ OUT ROUNDS" at a rate of fire indestinguishable from full-automatic.

*A "TRIGGER JOB" increases that effect

Yet the weapon itself can be demonstrated to be a single action automatic weapon...

I was told about this by young "GANGSTA" aged Philippino youths in the Mira Mesa area of California years ago. It is apparently true - yet it requires coordination of the shooter in order to achieve that effect.

If you have one of these - be careful where you test this theory, but report back on it.

I expect it works better with "HOT LOADS".

Regardless, it's a point about the weapon that is interesting

Other than that I think a TECH NINE is a cheap piece of junk.

NOTES

1) It IS a WEAPON. Nobody hunts anything under any hunting rules with a thing like that.

2) It is a CLOSE QUARTERS weapon. It's inaccurate.

3) Yes, they are cheap. Mine with a full tac-pac back then was under $250.oo

Edited by Greywolf
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'm I the only one who dosent see where the OP is going with this thread? Kinda seems like rambling to me? :P

-Jason G

From what the original poster wrote, it appears as though he may have thought that this was an unintentional flaw in the design of the Tech-9 that allowed full auto firing under the right circumstances. As Daniel pointed out, this is nothing more than "bump firing" and can be done with a lot of different firearms. I've seen it done with handguns, even.

As responsible gun owners, we should be quick to point out that while bump firing is not illegal under current BATFE guidelines, any firearm that is designed to shoot semi-auto and then begins firing full-auto due to a true malfunction must be taken out of service immediately and either repaired or destroyed, again per the BATFE.

Knowingly possessing a weapon that has either been illegally modified to shoot full auto or has become capable of full auto fire through wear or damage to internal parts, is a felony offense.

The original poster seemed to be somewhat coyly suggesting this was a way to cheaply obtain a fully automatic firearm "under the table" ... which it isn't. But the implied intent of skirting the system is not something that we want on TGO as it appears to the casual reading as advocating an illegal activity.

I'm closing this thread.