NAA 32acp vs. Ruger LCP??

wadejjet

I'm needing some help on this one. I have a North American Arms .32acp that i bought earlier this year for a 'carry when i can't carry' gun and it's perfect for that. It's also suprisingly accurate (for a pocket auto) and seems to be a real quality piece for the cost and size.

However, now that the price of LCP's has finally dropped to near their actual MSRP, i'm kind of back to wanting one. I really like the idea of having a slightly larger caliber.

So my question is; if you were in my position, would you keep the NAA or go with the LCP? :D

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Love the Guardian line, those are quality pistols at a great price. I almost got the .380 model.

If you're looking at getting the LCP, have you considered other "pocket" style pistols? SIG P238, NAA Guardian .380, or even the Ruger LCR?

Not knocking on the LCP, and would have gotten one if the price wasn't so jacked up, but there's a lot of great little .380's on the market right now.

I'm really pleased with the NAA and would keep it and add to the collection if money was no issue. However...i'm sure the wife would be more receptive to the idea of a "trade" situation.

I don't really know much about the P238 or the LCR, but i'll look into them both. I do like the idea of 38spl +p in the LCR, it's just a little bit of a larger gun than i can probably pocket carry in my work clothes.

These are all good suggestions though....xd shooter and SavageSig i'll keep you both in mind...thanks.

Guest donfromtexas

Not sure where you guys look to buy guns, but TN Gun Country in Clarksville has had them for below msrp since they came out, just have to wait in line to get one.

Guest 3pugguy
It's like Jello. There's always room for more. This is not an either/or situation. Why not have both? Then if one is "in the shop" you have another one. "Two is one and one is none," or so they say.

Yeah, what he said...

For what it's worth, I have an LCP and like it a lot. It's definitely not built for long sessions at the range, and I hate the trigger (I'm a 1911 guy). But it does what it was built to do very well. It disappears in a pocket and is surprisingly accurate. You could do a lot worse than the LCP for a BUG or a summer carry.

wadejjet,

I think you should ditch the NAA and get the LCP. Of course I am partial since I have had an LCP for over a year now. I also have a Walther PP that I used to carry before I got the LCP which is better than nothing. If you have any questions or want to shoot an LCP, just ask your AERO 3030 instructor.

FFR1910

I have a Guardian .380 and a Smith J-frame in .38. I carry the J-frame 98% of the time I carry (in hot weather) and don't carry the Guardian at all any more. It seems that when I can carry the .380 I can also carry the .38 and I always choose the .38. I carried the Guardian daily for 6 months during a tour of duty in campground maintenance because it was the biggest I could carry conveniently. It survived being sweated on (heavily) in my back pocket without ANY issues. The mags tend to blacken a bit when sweated on regularly but they clean up nicely. Those brass cartridge cases however turned green. The Guardian is a fine pistol for its size and caliber. I believe that if people will only try a snubbie in a quality pocket holster they'll stop carrying other pistols in short order. My snubbie was the first carry pistol I ever bought, back around '98. Since then I've carried a Smith .40, a SIG .40, and a Smith K-frame but I keep coming back to the snubbie. I shoot better with the bigger guns, but the snubbie fits in my pocket in hot weather and it has laser grips on it now. :D