Newb from Cookeville, TN

Guest WTDeBerry

Guest WTDeBerry

What's up everybody. My name is William DeBerry - hence, WTDeBerry - but I go by Wills. I am new to the forums and have only been lurking for a day or two. I am 22 years old and as the title says, from Cookeville, TN. I have not yet gotten my carry permit, nor have I obtained my first handgun. The only thing I have really shot on a semi-regular basis is a Glock 37 and a Yugoslavian SKS. I am very interested in purchasing my first handgun and I have been eyeballing a few, namely, a Glock 22/23/27, or a Smith & Wesson M&P 40/40c. I have held all and I like the feel of the M&P40c the best. I just wanted to get a few opinions on what other people think. I will say right now tho, as I just mentioned, the M&P40c is probably what I will end up going with and I do intend to carry as soon as I get my firearm and permit. In the end it is my decision, but opinions from others don't hurt and do help. So thanks all, in advance for any tips/opinions/reccomendations, as well as the pros and cons of each. I hope that I can learn as much as I can and one day participate and bring some knowledge to the table. I have posted this in the new members introduction section as well, but I figured this was as good a place as any to start.

Thanks Again,

WTDeBerry

Edited by WTDeBerry
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glocked-N-Loaded

I'm very near you and have a G19 which is the same size as a G23. If you wish to fire it let me know and we can head over to Bend of The River. Also, Outdoor Junction should have their indoor range open soon. I have others as well such as a DW CBOB and a Colt 6920 also.

Guest JHatmaker

I'm partial to Glocks, used to own an XDM and liked it a lot, but always went back to a Glock. Have no experience with the M&P line but they are very popular and several folks on here have them and love them.

Welcome aboard!

Guest SureShot308

Put your hands all over them and see what you like and don't like. Shoot them and find out how you shoot them too. Find something that feels good and you can get good hits with.