Strange Bank Charge to CC

Hey,

Wondering if anyone here as seen a charge on their CC from anything resembling this:

X BC FORESTRY, NORTH HAMPTON, VA

I have an account that I rarely use except for play stuff. In the past 6 months I've used it at the following merchants:

Supply Capt

Coal Creek Armory

TGO (Hat purchase and Membership)

MS Society (Donation per this thread - http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/25203-help-my-cousin-please-read.html)

Today I have a $20.00 pending charge from whatever X BC Forestry is.

Hopefully it's nothing except my own forgetfulness, but I'm doubting it, and the bank will take care of it tomorrow. I'm just wondering if anyone else here got hit this morning, especially those who purchased a hat/membership/donation, as those are the most recent charges.

Thanks

Gareth

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Wondering if anyone here as seen a charge on their CC from anything resembling this:

X BC FORESTRY, NORTH HAMPTON, VA

I have an account that I rarely use except for play stuff. In the past 6 months I've used it at the following merchants:

Supply Capt

Coal Creek Armory

TGO (Hat purchase and Membership)

MS Society (Donation per this thread - http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/25203-help-my-cousin-please-read.html)

Today I have a $20.00 pending charge from whatever X BC Forestry is.

Hopefully it's nothing except my own forgetfulness, but I'm doubting it, and the bank will take care of it tomorrow. I'm just wondering if anyone else here got hit this morning, especially those who purchased a hat/membership/donation, as those are the most recent charges.

Thanks

Gareth

First thanks for the donation man! I checked my account, my wife's and checked with a few other people who donated and no one else got hit with that so hopefully you can scratch the MS Society off your list.

I've never had any issues with the TGO stuff either so it my be one of the others or just one of those things.

First thanks for the donation man! I checked my account, my wife's and checked with a few other people who donated and no one else got hit with that so hopefully you can scratch the MS Society off your list.

I've never had any issues with the TGO stuff either so it my be one of the others or just one of those things.

Thanks for checking.

probably a simple error by someone manually entering a credit card number for someones legitimate purchase.

Find a contact number for XBC Forestry and call them to correct it.

Then if you still can't get it fixed call your bank.

Really it may well be a innocent mistake. Happened on me one time. Phone call fixed it.

Or you identity might be stolen :shake:

Find a contact number for XBC Forestry and call them to correct it.

Then if you still can't get it fixed call your bank.

Really it may well be a innocent mistake. Happened on me one time. Phone call fixed it.

I looked on Google for a contact number but I wasn't able to find anything for X BC Forestry, or XBC Forestry, in or around North Hampton, VA. If anyone is able to find anything I'd gladly call them first before going through the bank.

I bank with 5/3 and they're great at taking care of issues like this, so I've no doubt they'll take care of it tomorrow for me.

I looked on Google for a contact number but I wasn't able to find anything for X BC Forestry, or XBC Forestry, in or around North Hampton, VA. If anyone is able to find anything I'd gladly call them first before going through the bank.

I bank with 5/3 and they're great at taking care of issues like this, so I've no doubt they'll take care of it tomorrow for me.

Did the same here and came up blank. I had a charge pop up out of the blue awhile back and my bank just nerfed the charge and credited my money back.

Definatly call your CC 800 number on the back of it...I purchased something off the iternet a few years ago and somehow someone stole the number...luckily the CC company froze my account due to it being used at 4:59 A.M. on eFashions from someone in canada...kinda inconvient when I'm at roy rodgers buying parts and my card was stopped...but I'm glad it was! come to findout they had actually used it about 3 weeks prior for 7 dollars to see if it worked i guess and hit it for if I remember correctly...$3800:dropjaw: on that fashion site.

Definatly call your CC 800 number on the back of it...

I spoke to them this morning. The transaction is still "Pending" on the account, so there isn't much they can do until it changes to "Posted".

Guess I'll wait and see what happens...

Guest JHatmaker

I did some searching to, couldn't find anything. You can't recall anything within the last few weeks that would have cost $20 even? Or have been to Virginia?

It has to be some kind of error like was stated above.

Challenge the charge via the bank... they will investigate... and should send you a new card.

A typical behavior with a stolen CC number is to make a small charge to test, then proceed to bigger charges if unchallenged.

Edited by cybernorris
That card should have been shutdown by the bank...first and foremost. Doesn't matter about pending charges, they still can be shutdown.

Yeah, I didn't shut it down this morning bc I was still trying to figure out if the first instance was a legit charge I'd made. This 2nd was is definately not mine, so the card is now shut down.

Guest JHatmaker
Great...new charge just showed up.

PRE-AUTHORIZATION DEBIT AT DPOCOLLC COM, CHATTANOOGA, TN

Dang, so someone has your account #...

Not sure if this helps:

Registrant:

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

Domain Name: DPOCOLLC.COM

Created on: 09-Feb-09

Expires on: 09-Feb-10

Last Updated on: 09-Feb-09

Administrative Contact:

Private, Registration email.pgif?md5=1e0c59de1376c8c54488f7e1ecaa427e&face=Atomic_Clock_Radio&size=7&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Trebuchet&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration email.pgif?md5=1e0c59de1376c8c54488f7e1ecaa427e&face=Atomic_Clock_Radio&size=7&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Trebuchet&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:

NS07.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

NS08.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

I tried calling the number on the website, mailbox is full. I'll try the admin number above.

EDIT: Well the above number is the Domains by Proxy, Inc numbers. Not a customer of theirs so they won't help me. I'll just let the bank figure the crap out

Edited by garethsk

DPOCO, LLC is a registered limited liability company in TN. The Secretary of State has corporate data that is public information. It can be found here:

Business Information Search

Here is the info for DPO LLC:

Name I.D. Number

DPOCO, LLC 0594021

Business Type*: LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

Profit/Nonprofit: FOR PROFIT

Status*: ACTIVE

Date of Formation/Qualification: 01/13/2009

Domestic/Foreign: DOMESTIC

Place of Incorporation/Organization: HAMILTON

Duration: PERPETUAL

FYC(Fiscal Year Closing) Month: DECEMBER

Principal Office:

Address Line 1: 4704 TRICIA DRIVE

Address Line 2:

City: CHATTANOOGA

State: TN

Zip: 37416

Other than USA:

Registered Agent:

Name: DAVID THOMPSON

Address Line 1: 4704 TRICIA DRIVE

Address Line 2:

City: CHATTANOOGA

State: TN

Zip: 37416

Registered agent is sometimes the owner, not always. Could be a corporate proxy service anywhere, there is a large one in Knoxville. In this case, since it's a local TN address, and same address as the company, I'm betting it's the owner.

Their phone number is on their website. Why not call? It appears they aren't the culprits, but rather some "entrepreneur" has "accidentally" used your card to retain their services. Perhaps they can lead you to who used it. Their phone doesn't appear at a glance to be a landline, might be a cell or VOIP, not that it matters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zooyorq

Not to hash up a dead thread but I had the same charge for roughly 7 dollars on one card on the 15th of August and 12 dollars on another card of mine also on the 15th.

Odd thing is these two cards are used by me for business purposes only. I've obviously charged alot of things with them but I bet I could find a pattern of two places I've used both cards in the last year or so. If you're interested in seeing if any match where you've used yours let me know and I'll whip up a list.

Fyi, I'm in IT. So I purchase alot of tech goods.

Guest D.B. Cooper

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

United States

Domains by Proxy is a private registration service owned by GoDaddy out in Arizona. So, that basically could be anyone, anywhere who is willing to pay about $10 a year to keep their name off their domain registration.

As a side note to everyone.. You must CHECK ALL OF YOUR BILLS EVERY MONTH.

Our phone bill had a $16 and change charge for a service we did not subscribe to and ATT told us third party billing can be done on their bills and they can't do anything about it unless you request NO THIRD PARTY BILLING. We called this third party they said it was a mistake and credited our money back through ATT. The 3rd party was Enhanced Services Billing. Sounds like some sham scam company if ever there was one.

CHECK ALL OF YOUR BILLS AND DO THE FREE CREDIT CHECKS

Guest Ghostrider
ATT told us third party billing can be done on their bills and they can't do anything about it unless you request NO THIRD PARTY BILLING.

I stopped dealing with ATT because I had requested no 3rd party and they still billed them and I had to pay, tough stuff. Then they wanted to know why I canceled my service.

Left hand, meet right hand.

Guest tonybon

This sux dude the samething happened to me on a debit card. Had to shut down the account and open another. Everytime the bank would fix it another one would show up from some fly by nite named place.Got a different account number to stop it. So +1 on checking your statements!!!!!