Shortest Ownership Period of a Handgun

DavidCBaker

Guest gcrookston
What's the shortest period you've ever owned a given handgun? Say, a week on the one end--you bought it and hated it. Or whatever.

I thought this might be interesting. If you want to protect the guilty, you could just tell us about "your friend" who owned one for three days. :D

I picked up a G43 @ the Reno Gunshow about 15 years ago and proceeded to the end of the isle (6 or 7 tables), and sold it for $200.00 more than I paid for it. I also picked up a P.38 for my holster a few weeks ago to complete the rig I had pre-sold. About 6 hours on that one and $800.00 profit. It was the Bugs Bunny Holster with a really nice ac S/E 359 mag and I knew where there was a really nice ac42 P.38... (not the gun pictured). Funny thing, garage sales.

dsc000063yr.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm......I'd have to say around 25 to 30 minutes. I bought a very used Rem 870 at one of the R.K. shows, kind of an impulse buy when I first walked throught the door. I had been wanting one for a while and while walking around I saw a PA-63. As I've always been into pistols, the 870 went as an even trade and I left before I saw anything else I wanted...:D

Guest B J Elliott

Two days for me also, bought a Keltec .380, shot it on a Saturday, sold it on a Mon or Tues. I called it a rattlesnake, guess it was too small for my hand.

Guest cwi555
What's the shortest period you've ever owned a given handgun? Say, a week on the one end--you bought it and hated it. Or whatever.

I thought this might be interesting. If you want to protect the guilty, you could just tell us about "your friend" who owned one for three days. :)

60 seconds, I had just paid the guy when the one behind me insisted he just had to have it. 1911 gold cup. He was willing to pay, so I was willing to sell. Don't think it made the guy I bought it from to happy though, but he should have known better than to sell it for what he did to me.