Shortest Ownership Period of a Handgun

DavidCBaker

What's the shortest period you've ever owned a given handgun? Say, a week on the one end--you bought it and hated it. Or whatever.

I thought this might be interesting. If you want to protect the guilty, you could just tell us about "your friend" who owned one for three days. :lol:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I think the shortest time for me would be a month. I get an itch for something new all the time, so all of a sudden that XDM that I HAD to have isn't so appealing anymore.

It's a bad habit too. I'd hate to count up how much $ I've lost buying new then selling it for it "used" value.

Same day

I "won" (bid way too friggin much) a FNP.40 @ last years FNRA event.

Went to G&L to pick it up, I can't remember but I think I went downstairs and shot it, hated it, and traded it the same day for something else...most likely anotehr 1911

Same day

I "won" (bid way too friggin much) a FNP.40 @ last years FNRA event.

Went to G&L to pick it up, I can't remember but I think I went downstairs and shot it, hated it, and traded it the same day for something else...most likely anotehr 1911

I remember that lol!

Guest Rem_700
I think the shortest time for me would be a month. I get an itch for something new all the time, so all of a sudden that XDM that I HAD to have isn't so appealing anymore.

It's a bad habit too. I'd hate to count up how much $ I've lost buying new then selling it for it "used" value.

Im the same way,I bought an FN 5.7 back around xmas time and shot it some and the novelty wore off and I seen that it was really to big to carry and I sold it a month later..Im bad for that,I've got a few itches that I want to scratch right now,but I keep telling myself that they are just that,itches and they don't need scratched.

Guest 3pugguy

I have not sold anything yet, but sure know what you mean on the wanting another or something different and getting the urge to sell or trade - but have resisted for now. For instance, when I was planning to get a new carry gun (and got my Glock), I thought about selling my Ruger P89 (it's in perfect shape, but not a high dollar gun even when new). When I researched what I would get, I decided the little bit I would get would not offset losing a good shooting, albeit not real "techy" pistol.

Reminds me of my Dad and how he would swap pocket knives all the time - seemed like every Saturday he would be getting something different.

Guest 3pugguy
I'll let you know when I sell a gun for the first time.

I still have every firearm I've ever owned.

That's like me - don't have a lot, but as I wrote earlier, when I see the price to sell it versus the benefit of keeping it, even when getting another, I opt to keep it.

Besides, a fella can always get a bigger gun safe!

One week. Well, the Boss Lady, that is.

Bought her an LCP day before New Years Eve out of state. Picked it up at the FFL on New Years Day. Couple of days later, got a call from the FFL asking us to bring the gun back. They had given us the wrong one...

16 hours. Bought a FIE 25ACP for $40 bucks from fellow Sonic Employee after shift. Went to kmart next morning and bought box of ammo for $6.99. Went to the woods and shot at some discarded beer bottles. Couldn't hit one from 10 feet away. Sold for $50 to assistant manager before next shift. Couldn't have sold it to a nicer guy...