Wilson Combat KZ45

Guest redbarron06

Guest redbarron06

Any thoughts, opinions or experience with them?

I saw one at a gun shop and was really wanting one until I found out that they have stopped making them. Now I am kind of on the fence. Worried about getting repair parts and spare mags. I know that Wilson still makes the mags but for how much longer. Does anybody know if another mag (like maybe Para) will fit.

Also how is the warentee with Wilson Combat? Will they take custom orders for parts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06
They were made and are still made by Bul. You can get them sans the Kimber name and price via Charles Daly. Daly customer service is excellent.

BUL?

Were the ones from Kimber/CD and Wilson Combat made by the same folks?

I think that's a different gun. Wilson's KZ was their own polymer offering. I didn't realize they were no longer in production. I had the Commander size version. I know that Wilson is a premiere maker... but mine was extremely ammo finicky. Something crazy about the OAL of a standard, WWB type .45 rd was not acceptable. Seems like the manual even said that. I dumped it. Too tight ain't right with a 1911.

Guest redbarron06
I think that's a different gun. Wilson's KZ was their own polymer offering. I didn't realize they were no longer in production. I had the Commander size version. I know that Wilson is a premiere maker... but mine was extremely ammo finicky. Something crazy about the OAL of a standard, WWB type .45 rd was not acceptable. Seems like the manual even said that. I dumped it. Too tight ain't right with a 1911.

WWB?

The one I found at the gun store was a full size and I emailed them about ordereing a commander sized and they responded that they had stopped the KZ and turned it into the SPECOPS 9mm. What I was actually thinking about was getting the full size then getting a commander upper group and sending the frame back and having it fitted. Probably way to much money that way but it was an idea. I liked the feel of the KZ and like having the extra rounds but I just had a bad experience with Para and wont get another on of thier guns. I have not seen any of the Charles Dalys but it seems every time I pick one up they weigh a ton. I was looking at one at the fun shop that was a 3 inch and it weighed as much as my full size S/A Operator.:stare:

• 2 weeks later...
Any thoughts, opinions or experience with them?

I saw one at a gun shop and was really wanting one until I found out that they have stopped making them. Now I am kind of on the fence. Worried about getting repair parts and spare mags. I know that Wilson still makes the mags but for how much longer. Does anybody know if another mag (like maybe Para) will fit.

Also how is the warentee with Wilson Combat? Will they take custom orders for parts?

A friend let me shoot his Wilson KZ45 about 6 years ago. I was impressed and would buy one if I found the right deal. The only downside is the mags. Obviously being double stack they aren't a dime a dozen like standard 1911 mags. Sorry, I'm not sure about other 1911 double stacks being interchangeable.

Israeli company. BUL LTD. - BUL M-5 Line

I was under the impression that Kimber imported the bul with a few "Kimber" changes and sold it under their name.

The first Kimber HI-CAP guns were made by Bul.I 'm not sure about the newer ones they have now,different guns.