So why does Ruth's Chris ban handgun carry in Nashville and not CT,NY,others?

Guest GlockRule

Guest GlockRule

So I see Ruth's Chris in Nashville is posted...I sent them a message on their website...posted on glocktalk because I was really curious what other locations did in other states since they are all over the country. So far CT and NY locations allows CCW according to posters in my thread there. :rolleyes:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

It may have to do with the state law. For example in GA or FL posting does not good because the law does not allow the place to opt out of carry. They can post all they want to and all they are doing is wasting money on goofy stickers.

Guest 70below
They do have great steaks, but as GlockRule mentioned, they are not cheap.

I'm a fan of Ruth's Chris, but I recently had a Ribeye that was on par with theirs, and it was only $15. Problem is, that place is 250 miles away. But, The Hickory Chip wasn't posted.:stare:

Is that in Clanton, AL? I try to make mental notes because I travel for work.

It may have to do with the state law. For example in GA or FL posting does not good because the law does not allow the place to opt out of carry. They can post all they want to and all they are doing is wasting money on goofy stickers.

That's what I was wondering.

We don't think about it here, but in many states property owners can't post or posting doesn't legally mean anything.

Guest HexHead

We don't think about it here, but in many states property owners can't post or posting doesn't legally mean anything.

Sure wish we did that here. ;(

These Restaurants that are posting are just asking for a mass shooting. I hope it never happens but if it ever does....I will be the first on the news ready to say "I TOLD YA' SO". Maybe you should have listened to a victim/survivor of a hideous gun crime before this all happened. Maybe if you had LISTENED and actually LEARNED from what happened to me then there would have been people here that could have stopped the shooter. But ya' didn't listen and now you have 25 dead people on your hands. I TOLD YA' SO.

Guest Isaac

While I won't be eating there any more due to their stance, they do have the best fillet I have ever eaten in my life.

It is crazy expensive though. Last date I had there cost a little under 150$

Guest redbarron06

I have never eaten at Ruths Chris.

The best steak I have ever had though was at Stoney River. It was at the original location down in Alpharetta Ga. I have not eaten at the one up here. It was where my wife and I celibrated our first 2 anniv. The prime rib was absoutly awesome.

I have never eaten at Ruths Chris.

The best steak I have ever had though was at Stoney River. It was at the original location down in Alpharetta Ga. I have not eaten at the one up here. It was where my wife and I celibrated our first 2 anniv. The prime rib was absoutly awesome.

+1 for Stoney River. We go to the one at Cool Springs. Don't know their status of posting or not.

Guest 270win

Is the Ruth's Chris sign in Nashville even legal? I've seen a sign at Buffalo Wild Wings when I now paid attention at the one in Memphis that was not legal. I don't think these property owners know what a legal sign is. I would carry, if it wasn't a legal sign and just conceal my gun well and enjoy a good steak. Some folks go to Ruth's Chris when someone else is paying, like a business associate. I'll always take a free meal when it is offered!

On a side note....there are quite a few licenses in New York and Connecticut. You can get a non resident Connecticut license through the mail. It is technically 'may issue', but Connecticut will issue to non residents. The nice thing i've read about Connecticut is you can truly carry anywhere you want. New York is about the same thing. The bad part about New York is no non resident licenses...and you can't take a handgun in the state period without a NY license, UNLESS going up there for an NRA sanctioned match. There is no such thing as a 'sign' in those states.

Guest mcgyver210
These Restaurants that are posting are just asking for a mass shooting. I hope it never happens but if it ever does....I will be the first on the news ready to say "I TOLD YA' SO". Maybe you should have listened to a victim/survivor of a hideous gun crime before this all happened. Maybe if you had LISTENED and actually LEARNED from what happened to me then there would have been people here that could have stopped the shooter. But ya' didn't listen and now you have 25 dead people on your hands. I TOLD YA' SO.

I agree with this totally I wonder how liability will go when that does happen. Surely criminals are already thinking about this issue & how much less trouble it would be to go for a posted place that has done nothing to protect the customers from such an obvious security risk.

Guest GlockRule

Well, I haven't been by there myself to see the sign yet, just going by what was posted in this thread (says "properly posted"): http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/25149-listing-user-reported-posted-restaurants.html

Yeah, it's a legitimate issue that maybe patronizing a posted restaurant actually increases the chance something will happen while there or just to/from the establishment. I'm sure with all the hoopla on this issue the thug community has caught wind of it and it will be interesting to examine future muggins/robberies,etc and see if there is any correlation between where the victims were eating and the carry policy there. Not to mention the park carry issue.

I dont know about the Palm, but whenever I go there I drink too, so havent carried.

They arent shy on making strong drinks. They have a killer margarita ...

They have a good bourbon selection as well

• 1 year later...
I agree with this totally I wonder how liability will go when that does happen. Surely criminals are already thinking about this issue & how much less trouble it would be to go for a posted place that has done nothing to protect the customers from such an obvious security risk.

Ruth's Chris in Memphis has an armed security guard on duty and I know for a fact that one of their managers keeps a sidearm in the office.