New Website

Guest ScottD

Guest ScottD

Being unemployed I have some time in between searching for jobs. We have compiled a good size list of establishments that have and have not posted. Because of the size of this list, it makes it tedious to find out if somewhere has posted.

I am working on a site where we can add places, and then search by name, making it much easier to find what you are looking for. It should be in beta testing by this afternoon, and I will keep you all posted.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottD
Had lunch with my wife at the Frist Center Cafe, it's not posted. I added it to your database and did not mark the Posted or properly boxes. I did a search to see the info and it shows as both posted and properly. Very nice though... Thanks!

Ok, will fix that, it shows correct in the raw database. Give me just a second.

EDIT: Fixed. Helps when you don't tell it to say yes no matter what. DOH!

Guest ScottD

Ok I added some from one of the threads, but man there is a lot. If you want to see whats there do a search for % . That will bring back all results. As the DB grows, I will have to disable that feature, but for now it's on.

Edit: Stand by on adding places, making a DB change.

Guest ScottD

Added a new, "View All" option. Also results are now sorted by city. Please leave off TN and just enter the city.

I plan on adding a feature where you can view the entire list of good guys or the entire list of bad guys.

Edited by ScottD
Guest ScottD

Not trying to compete, but PostedOrNot is a simple, easy to search, no membership required website. Had the same question posted on ARFCOM. It's not super easy to find out if Joe Bob's Bar and Grill is posted when you have to go through multiple pages. It's much easier to just search for "joe" and find out quickly.

Also, I had no idea about the TGO DB when I came up with this idea. I created it out of necessity for myself.

• Administrator

Membership is not required to access our database but it is required to add entries to it. It provides accountability so that people can't add a location that doesn't really post, just for the sake of being vengeful.

Guest ScottD
Membership is not required to access our database but it is required to add entries to it. It provides accountability so that people can't add a location that doesn't really post, just for the sake of being vengeful.

I don't really have an argument to disagree, as I said it was created as an idea that I came up with to make finding out this information quick and easily.

I'm not trying to make money off of the site, or compete with TGO. I'm hosting it all on my dime. I am using the source code of it to try and help me find a job as I was laid off last week.

I'll gladly take it off of TGO if you would like me too. Otherwise I think it is a good resource for HCP holders to find out what they need to know quickly.

Guest Isaac

Just a suggestion, but it would make it easier to find stuff when the list gets longer if you sorted by city, then by name.

Assuming you're using some flavor of SQL, something like

SELECT * FROM dbname WHERE 'column'='value' ORDER BY 'city' ASC, 'name' ASC

Or possibly city, then posting status, then name. You get the idea

Guest Isaac
It is handy on postedornot's databose to look at the list by cities though. That is a very good feature.

Oh, I wasn't talking about removing that feature, just that when you display all, it is sorted by city, but inside each city it would be easier to find places if it was sorted by name as the secondary sort field.

Guest whatzit67

I think you are off to a great start. I like that you show both posted and non-posted locations. Here is an idea if you are interested.

Don't just limit it to TN, down here in Shelby county there places in MS that it would be handy to have listed. I think adding a state field should be simple enough.

Keep up the good work.