My first NFA weapon..

Guest sjrhodes82

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FlyntG

Nice! I have a buddy with one very like yours.

Far as the coyotes, we saw some today out near Lebanon. I have another friend who has a farm in Santa Fe, TN (near Columbia) that has more than a few 'yotes running around. We're required to kill them for deer hunting privs. (what a great arrangement!)

Guest sjrhodes82

Thanks guys! We have a farm out in Leiper's Fork by Thompsons Station. I usually can go out around dusk and see up to four or six coyotes going through the field towards the cattle. Whatever our donkeys can't take care of, I take care of.

Guest sjrhodes82

It took approximately right under 3 months. I have another NFA item on its way back (Colt Registered Receiver) and since they were sent in so close together I believe the examiner will use the same background check to speed up the process. Flanigan did my transfer on this one and Clutter is doing my other. I will bring these two NFA toys to the owl hollow meet if anyone wants to try them out.

Guest redbarron06
It took approximately right under 3 months. I have another NFA item on its way back (Colt Registered Receiver) and since they were sent in so close together I believe the examiner will use the same background check to speed up the process. Flanigan did my transfer on this one and Clutter is doing my other. I will bring these two NFA toys to the owl hollow meet if anyone wants to try them out.

Under 3 months? Wow did you do them on a trust? I have been waiting almost 4months for my form 1 on the SBR and just sent in my form 4 for my can.

Guest sjrhodes82

Not on a trust. The can was from a dealer to me. The registered receiver is on form 4 to form 4 here in TN. They tell me that the FBI background check is what can cause delays. I'm an insurance agent and have had many done on myself for securities and insurance sales so forth so that may have helped? Flannigan never answered or returned my call, however coincidentally the next day it got approved after I left a message asking if there was anything I needed to do or didn't do right on my forms. Indirect motivation to look at the form I guess you could call it. :up:

Guest redbarron06
Not on a trust. The can was from a dealer to me. The registered receiver is on form 4 to form 4 here in TN. They tell me that the FBI background check is what can cause delays. I'm an insurance agent and have had many done on myself for securities and insurance sales so forth so that may have helped? Flannigan never answered or returned my call, however coincidentally the next day it got approved after I left a message asking if there was anything I needed to do or didn't do right on my forms. Indirect motivation to look at the form I guess you could call it. :tinfoil:

Well I am glad it did not take long for you. I have a freaking security clearance and it is still taking 4 months on mine. You would think that if the Army will let me play with thier fully auto SBR they would let me own my own.:up:

Guest forklift

That's awful polite of you to handle the coyotes 'silently'. There's a lot of coyote activity in the mcminville area and lots of people willing to let you hunt there with similar arrangements of pest control as you have now. I've only made it out that far a few times from Murfreesboro - a bit of a drive for an after work hunt.

Guest sjrhodes82

I'm just amazed how some people are having to wait up to six-months for their stamps. From NFA timelines I've read, form 1 can take a little longer than a form 4 as well. 3-4 months seems to be the average. Do you know who your examiner is?