TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - August 2009

Guest JHatmaker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donfromtexas
I can't promise I won't make another change, but can't see anything else I may need to add/delete

A very nice custom 1911 would be great :)

The one i manage in Ca. They are nice guns, but I think for the price you can get a really nice 1911. The bad thing about X5's is when something goes wrong with them, Sig sends them back to Germany for repair. For some reason they don't service them in the States.

Guest JHatmaker
Well here is my centerfire entry for August. Shot today at the TGO shoot at Owl Holler.

Gun is a stock Glock 19 with Big Dot sights. 10 yards, Weaver stance.

Missed you today, JHatmaker.

Mike

Good shooting there Mike, I wanted to come today but too much going on. I'll be out there tomorrow though.

100_0903.jpg

ED BROWN

Jeff Cooper Commemorative:

Ammo ..........45 Nosler 185 Grain JHP

Score# 99

RANGE / Guns & Leather

1) 10 yards

2) Two handed, Weaver Stance

(dominate hand w/ weight on forward foot)

scan0003.jpg

Edited by Kano

3841006480_d44a77ccb1.jpg3841006706_d6e7868048.jpg

My first submission. This is only the second time I've been out with this brand new gun. I did not use the laser.

(The second shot is with some photoshopped dots so I could see where the rounds went. Any tips on how to photograph a target better?)

Score 98

S&W M&P 9 Pro

Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ 9mm

Useltons Indoor Shooting Sports

10 yds, 10 shots, Two Handed

Gray Stahlman,MD

Edited by stahlmangc
Guest Tiny G

Finally found some time (and ammo) but I forgot how crowded G&L is on a Saturday. I wish I could meet some of you guys tomorrow but maybe next time.

Shot 10 targets . .here are pics of the best.

10 Yards, Weaver stance (I think I did it right) dominate hand with weight on front foot.

TGO%20Aug%20001.jpgTGO%20Aug%20002.jpg

On a side note, this was my first time shooting Federal (180 Grn.) I'm not a fan. It seemed very dirty compared to the Blazer and WWB I've been using. Lots of smoke and black specs flaking off from the box and the magazine as I loaded.

Edited by Tiny G
Guest JHatmaker

Thanks for participating this month guys.

Congradulations to Westwindmike as the winner in the Rimfire competition, and Kano as the winner in the centerfire competition.

:stare: