6 flags carry?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 270win

I don't see why you can't carry at six flags. I can't think of any state law in GA that would make it illegal. Signs in GA mean nothing down there. I'd carry, unless I was afraid a ride was going to sling my handgun off my person.

Doesn't appear to be anything in GA or KY law that would prevent it.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

http://handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

On the public gathering clause in GA...

For the purpose of this Code section, "public gathering" shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises which derive less than 50 percent of their total annual gross food and beverage sales from the sale of prepared meals or food and you cannot drink alcohol while there. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part.

FWIW

KY mentions no firearms on it's Policies page

Park Policies: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

GA however doesn't say anything about them

Park Policies: Six Flags Over Georgia

Guest Moody

Six Flags in GA is no-carry, as well (not sure about KY). You cannot carry into the park, but you can (as someone mentioned) rent a locker and store your weapon.

six flags ga has metal detectors. i wouldn't think much of them. i set it off last weekend and was just waved on through. i wasn't carrying, but figured i very easily could have been. i looked but didn't see any signs anywhere. i would just make sure to have a holster with a thumb break as to not lose your piece on a ride!

• 2 weeks later...