Reactions To Guns in Parks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed is the one gal that was against it mentioned how she didn't like guns in general.

I have somewhat noticed that for a lot of people on both the restaurants and parks. A lot of the people against carry in those places are against carry and/or firearms in general. Only rarely do you see someone that doesn't have a problem in general and tries to make a specific argument (other than "for the kids" and "guns and alcohol don't mix") against carry in restaurants and parks.

Guest 270win

I think all this stuff will blow over in a few months when the media finds something else to report. The media relies on fear to spook people into complaining to local level politicians. I got my first concealed handgun license in Arkansas several years ago, where it is legal to carry in restaurants, not bona fide bars, and parks. I have never seen a restaurant properly posted or a park. The local and state government can post but I have never seen them do that with a park and the penalty there turns your license basically worthless...which means 'carrying a weapon' class a misdemeanor and canning your license if caught and convicted. I guess no one there cares. There was the same scary garbage when it was first legalized, but it soon came to pass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.