Anybody have any experience with this bag?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I ended up getting one of these too.

First impressions-

A little bit bigger then my Maxpedition Fatboy, and a few extra pouches. I would say it is between the size of the Fatboy and Jumbo.

It also comes with the little holster thing which the Fatboy does not!

Quality seems to be pretty close to the Max bag. And the biggest complaint I had with the Fatboy, no water bottle pouch, is fixed with this bag.

And you can't beat the price!

I give it :clap::up:

*And I might have a Max Fatboy for sale soon if anyone is interested! ;)

neat dillio riffic! What color you get?

Was trying to go off of memory on the size...glad I wasn't way,way off :cool:

Edited by strickj
neat dillio rific! What color you get?

Was trying to go off of memory on the size...glad I wasn't way,way off :clap:

I got the black one. You know, black is always in style. :cool:

You got pretty close on the size, if I didn't loose my camera a while back I would take some pics to compare.

But like I said, anyone wanting a "Tac Murse" as the guys in my unit have started calling it, you can't beat one of these!

Guest SureShot308

There are 2 that are similar. the UTG one you can get on cheaper than dirt for 30, and the other one the UAG you can find one Sportsmans guide for 30, or 27 with the club membership.

• 4 weeks later...

have it, and like it.

seems that maybe the ballistic nylon is not quiet as robust, and i think the mesh/foam padding on the back is certainly not as heavy duty/snag resistant as the maxpedition... that being said, i'm not going to the sandbox with it, and it holds everything well... it's certainly a "shoot me first" sign and not very discreet, but it's a screaming deal and is holding up just fine! worth it.

FWIW, for going 'low pro', i carry the Mountainsmith Tour in black/tan.

carrys over the shoulder and converts to buttpack in a snap.

have modified the interior to take the 5.11 modular kit for holster and mags... blacked out the reflective parts w/ textile marker. It works well but much spendier.

Amazon.com: Mountainsmith Tour Classic Lumbar Series Day Pack for Hiking, Touring & School, Black: Camera & Photo

I used to agree with the "shoot me first" sign, but now I wonder how many criminals are "operators" that are so high speed low drag that they'll recognize the murse for what it is instead of thinking, "Hey, that guy has a purse...what a douche." and going on about their business? FWIW, if you don't know, my GHB is a Maxpedition Colossus. I've never had anyone looking at me sideways because of it.

I think most people go through life thinking of what salad they are going to have for lunch (mmmm, salad, I like salad, Caesar salad, chef salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc., etc., ad nauseum) , "I can't wait for Madden 2010 to come out", or "I like chocolate milk!" I could be wrong, so somebody please splain it to me.

I used to agree with the "shoot me first" sign, but now I wonder how many criminals are "operators" that are so high speed low drag that they'll recognize the murse for what it is instead of thinking, "Hey, that guy has a purse...what a douche." and going on about their business? FWIW, if you don't know, my GHB is a Maxpedition Colossus. I've never had anyone looking at me sideways because of it.

I think most people go through life thinking of what salad they are going to have for lunch (mmmm, salad, I like salad, Caesar salad, chef salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc., etc., ad nauseum) , "I can't wait for Madden 2010 to come out", or "I like chocolate milk!" I could be wrong, so somebody please splain it to me.

I agree completely. Sometimes I carry my maxpedition around if I have numerous things to get done and am in need of multiple items. For the most part I just keep it in the truck. I am certain some people who carry notice it, some people who have a thing for packs of all types notice it, kids today love their packs. Maybe even a few see it and wonder why a this guy is carrying around a murse they don't snicker or laugh though as I am not the type who looks like I would take it well.

Most people pay it no mind at all. NONE! Like you said they don't seem to pay attention to far more obvious things around them, things they should be paying attention to, much less a guy carrying a pack of some sort.

I am constantly scanning personally, aware of everything around me, but that is my training. It comes as natural to me as they obliviousness comes to them. And criminals are not any better at noticing anything at all. They are mostly idiots who have one thing on their mind and have to think about that as all of their brain activity has to focus in order to walk and chew gum. They time and again don't notice people around them with guns. All of this crap about signs on your back is garbage. Heck you could literally put a sign on your back and most criminals would never see it. What predator criminals do see is meek people, alone, looking like they fear the world or are oblivious to everything around them and wouldn't notice if somebody snuck up on them. That's what a criminal notices.

Oh an as for the original intent of the thread. I went with a maxpedition pack after all. I needed something that could stand up to all of the abuse they claim they can. Anything less would be insufficient for my needs. I might still pick up one of these just to have an extra bag around if needed.

Edited by Warbird
Guest tennesseevolz

Just because you added a gun to the picture does not mean that this is not a man-purse!!!

10031546.jpg

10031548.jpg

10031545.jpg

10031544.jpg

10031543.jpg

10031542.jpg

10031541.jpg

10031549.jpg

The main pocket is large enough to fit my camera,with lens attached,and still has some room left for another lens,and other crap.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been carrying my Max Fatboy for almost 3 years now and I love it. I've received a few sideways glances and my wife gives me a hard time, but I don't leave the house without it. I also installed the Janus extension to replace my pocket wallet, so I've got great access to important stuff right away. My xD9 sub-compact fits incredibly well if you put one extended clip in the bottom and allow the trigger guard to ride on it. The gun can't move, so the CCW strap isn't needed and I can have it on target in less than 2 seconds.

You will not believe the amount of gear I have on me at any given time...

PSP, pda, digi-cam, solar battery charger, 5 (yah 5) Altoids tins filled with memory, first aid, and survival gear, and a crap-load of adapters, cables, multitool, baton... I'm just gonna have to take some pics. I'll set up and hopefully have some on by tomorrow

How large is the pistol compartment. Will it hold a Glcok 23 or similar size?

Warbird:_________

If its a "Fat Boy" it will hold a 4 inch n frame smith or a 5 inch 1911. The smaller one wont.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

LEROY

Well I ended up getting one of these too.

First impressions-

A little bit bigger then my Maxpedition Fatboy, and a few extra pouches. I would say it is between the size of the Fatboy and Jumbo.

It also comes with the little holster thing which the Fatboy does not!

Quality seems to be pretty close to the Max bag. And the biggest complaint I had with the Fatboy, no water bottle pouch, is fixed with this bag.

And you can't beat the price!

I give it :P:up:

*And I might have a Max Fatboy for sale soon if anyone is interested! ;)

I have been meaning to come back and update this.

I wore this bag for a week and the waterproof lining ripped out making it pretty much worthless. I went back to carrying my fatboy. I really would have liked this bag had it held up but I have to go back on my original review and say that I would not recommend this bag. If I could go back and do it all over again I would look at the 5.11 bag. :drama:

Guest canynracer
That bag was designed by my buddy Jason at SOC.

Nice little purse, and it looks like they are blowing them out well below cost.

If Joe knows the dude that designed them...maybe he can put you in contact with them?