P238 Recall and Sig Warranty Issues

SavageSig

The free mag they sent me was a dud. Wouldn't even feed a single round correctly. Turns out they also replaced the original mag I had sent in with a dud too. The way it was explained to me over the phone was that they redesigned and "improved" the follower, decided it was faulty, and switched back to the original Mustang design. But, they sent me 2 bad magazines anyhow. Oh well, is how the fellow on the phone put it. Yes, oh well Sig. Oh well, I won't buy any more of your cruddy guns.

Just curious, what was the malfunction? Can you describe it?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One magazine would not feed any rounds, period. Even when the slide was racked by hand. The other would only feed intermittently, and only if it was not filled to capacity. If it had 6 rounds in it, it would refuse to feed at all. Also curiously enough, these magazines when filled would not load into the pistol correctly. They refused to lock into place unless the slide was already locked back.

The 2 "cheap" factory Mustang mags I had worked fine, however.

The gun itself had extraction issues. On a few occasions, a trigger pull would yield a bang but the slide would not move. Twice the recoil spring managed to jump over the guide rod and jam the pistol completely. Like, must use vise grips and mallet to unfreeze type jam. At least, that's what I assume, because I just sent it back to Sig to work on and it came back looking like somebody banged on it.

Anyways, I don't appreciate being some company's lab monkey. If they want to field test their crap, they should pay somebody to do it.