Rendezvous Posted ???

Guest justgus45

Guest justgus45

My sister is visiting Memphis and want's to go to the Rendezvous. Does anyone know if it is posted?

I looked through several threads and could not find any mention, one way or the other. thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justgus45

Fond memories, I beleive, It's been many years since she was in Memphis. She's not aware of how much everything has changed.

She's with friends and they decided to go there. I just need to know if I'm going to legally carry when I go.

Guest 270win

I would go to Commissary in Germantown. It is better and you don't have to deal with the nasty panhandlers and paying for parking. Commissary is in the middle of Germantown accross from Germantown United Methodist Church. Wonderful BBQ, sides, and desserts. Rendevous' sides aren't too great and the desserts are really nonexistant.

There's another good BBQ place close to Christian Brothers called Central BBQ. It is really good if you are in that part of town. Again no paid parking and no panhandlers.

Rendevous is a tourist trap. I have yet to see a restaurant in the Memphis area 'properly' posted, downtown or in the suburbs. If they are, they are hiding the signs. How nice it is to LEGALLY carry while i eat a dinner and drink ice water in this state!

Guest clownsdd
Sorry to derail the thread, but, why would she want to walk by 5 STINKING dumpsters to eat in that hole?

Opinions are like ass holes, all have them and everyone stinks but yours.

Sorry, and no offense, but that is part of the Rendezvous experience. Good place to eat dry ribs. Start with the sausage & cheese platter and a picture of beer. When finished, go to the bar at the lobby of the Peabody, have a drink and watch the world go by.

What ya got in Church Hill?

Sorry, and no offense, but that is part of the Rendezvous experience. Good place to eat dry ribs. Start with the sausage & cheese platter and a picture of beer. When finished, go to the bar at the lobby of the Peabody, have a drink and watch the world go by.

If you're not armed of course....:D

Guest db99wj
If you're not armed of course....;)

You can have a coke....in the bar......without anything added.....other than ice.....;)

I agree, Rendevous had good dry ribs. If you go on an "off" night, they seem to be better. Cheese and Sausage plate...how can you go wrong! It is touristy, but still not bad at all, IMO.

If you're not armed of course....:D

Even if you are armed, I think it would be okay to have a photograph of a beer. :P:D

Sorry, I just had to. :)

Even if you are armed, I think it would be okay to have a photograph of a beer. :P:D

Sorry, I just had to. :)

Maybe....but I wouldn't suggest the beer and the firearm both be visible in the picture.... :)

Although I do keep meaning to taking a pic of me with my "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store and not a Federal Agency shirt" on while smoking a cigar and holding a bottle of JD in one hand and my AK in the other....:D

Seems to me the ass hole is somewhere in this thread...and the ribs in CHURCH HILL are @ my house and much better than the Rendezvous. You should come visit sometime and get out of that :poop:hole town you call Memphis.:)

Guest clownsdd

My bad, I forgot that Church Hill was in the Yankee part of the state. You really can't take a joke huh? BQ is a personal preference as well as your place of residency. I travel extensively I wouldn't swap Memphis for anything in East TN, or anyplace else for that matter. Biggest thing about Memphis is that they own up to their problems, contrary to other places that try to hide them.

But, we all have *******s er opinions and are entitled to them.

I wouldn't swap Memphis for anything in East TN, or anyplace else for that matter.

Sounds like a personal problem to me...

And if you think east Tennessee is YANKEE...you OBVIOUSLY don't travel as extensively as you say...

Yes, if you are carrying have a picture of beer. If you aren't then get a pitcher.

;)

:D