Out of state CCW permit question

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

I'm on my way to TN. I have a CO CCW permit. I see what I have to do to get my HCP in TN. So my question is .....when I show up in your state and go down to get my TN HCP what do I need to bring? My CO CCW permit and $50? How long does it take to get a TN HCP with an out of state CCW permit? Its probably not just a quick transfer, photo, fingerprint, and pay right? I have to notify my county here in CO within 30 days of an address change. I'm not sure if this out of state move cancels my CO CCW but I would think so. So will I have a window of not being able to conceal while waiting for TN to approve me? What is the average wait to get a permit in TN? I am ex military and CO waves a handgun carry class up to three years of getting discharged. Will I have to take a class in TN to carry or is my CO CCW proof that I'm competent?

I asked this question in the firearm laws FAQ thread but haven't heard anything and my post didn't show up. Its been a few weeks so I am asking in this spot. Hope thats ok.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme

best advice is to call the Tn. Dept. of Safety in Nashville and they should be able to explain everything to you.

Edited by justme

I think all you need is your CO permit, $50 and your birth certificate.

Since this is considered a renewal, it could take 4-5 months before you receive your TN HCP.

However your CO permit and your renewal application should allow you to carry until the new one arrives.

You may want to check with the people at the DL station, but unfortunately they don't always know. It may be worth contacting the main office in Nashville first. I wouldn't give your CO permit to them unless you have to and/or you have talked with Nashville first.

Also...The FAQ section is for information only and not designed to posted in.