AR craze is dieing down

Guest m&p40

Guest m&p40

Ive noticed a lot of AR's coming up for sell and the prices are starting to come back down now that everybody has figured out Slowbama isnt doin anything. A lot of stuff is still backordered and a lot of people who have stuff are complaining about the fact that they have been waiting for months on their AR or parts. I built one in 2 weeks. My first AR build from scratch, I will post some pics later. I went with

PreditorCustomShop lower ( thanks Jimmy & Mike) Nice fit and finish its just as good as any of the top brand names

DPMS LPK

DPMS palm shelf grip

YHM Upper, Daniel Defense Bolt assembly, Model 1 charging handle w/tactical latch, DPMS teardrop forward assist, DPMS port cover assembly

Model 1 A2 stock assembly

Wilson arms 20" bull barrel

Blackthorn rifle length free floating handguard (I liked the way it looks, Its the only thing I would use from this company, stay away from everything else)

YHM quad rail gas block

Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 mil-dot scop with BDC

Burris XTR High rings

Harris 6-9 swivel bi-pod with notched legs

20 round Magpul Pmags

Black Hills 60gr. V-max

Anyone wondering about Daniel Defense products, they are top notch, that bolt carrier assy. was a little expensive but in my opinion its one of the most important parts on an AR and you dont want to skimp in that area. The crow population in the area I live in has had a huge dent knocked in it since this rifle was put together.

Edited by m&p40
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&p40

Average is between 100 and 200 but Ive hit a couple right at 290 to 300. If your any closer than that and they see you blink they bolt outta Dodge

Guest illumina

Good to hear about the predator custom shop, I plan on picking one of their lowers up this weekend or early next week.

Every built AR thread demands pics!

Guest m&p40

I promise I will have some on this very thread in a few days. You will love the PCS lower. The finish is awsome and the price is too.

Heck...2 years ago there were like 40 different sub $400 complete offerings [edit]oops Uppers[/edit] on the Midwayusa site.

Was very easy to build a sub $700 rifle. IMHO even at that prices they are making a fat profit simply because they are very simple machines...but the good news is that customers won't be continuing to finance someone's 2nd yacht when buying an AR part with a start to finish 500% markup

Edited by I_Like_Pie
Guest db99wj
Heck...2 years ago there were like 40 different sub $400 complete offerings on the Midwayusa site.

Was very easy to build a sub $700 rifle. IMHO even at that prices they are making a fat profit simply because they are very simple machines...but the good news is that customers won't be continuing to finance someone's 2nd yacht when buying an AR part with a start to finish 500% markup

I'm into my Del Ton, $745 plus background check. I would be at $700, but I added a chrome lined barrel. Add on's above the Del Ton Kit was an Ergo grip, and detachable carry handle. Those are included in the above price. I paid a little too much for my Anvil Arms lower, BUT, I paid a Get it Now price. (I paid $180 for it).

The fit and finish is great, it is very tight. Too bad I don't know how it shoots. Haven't been able to take it to the range yet. Was going to Saturday, but taking a last minute trip out of town.

• 3 weeks later...

Well here it is as promised, so far the specs are as follows,

YHM upper A3 with Daniel Defense Bolt carrier group, model 1 charging handle with tactical latch, Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mil-dot on Burris XTR rings.

PredatorCustomShop Lower with DPMS lower parts kit, DPMS ergo grip, Model 1 A2 stock assembly, 20 round Pmags

24" E.R. Shaw Bull barrel chambered in .223 with 1-8 twist and target crown, DPMS freefloat handguard, DPMS gas tube, Model 1 gas block.

Soon to have Harris S-BRM 6"-9" Bi-pod, Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 Mil-dot, and Command Arms 7 position sharpshootin stock with leg 516928.jpg

but it will be a while on that since it costs $360.00

dscf0300y.th.jpg

dscf0301c.th.jpg