How do you spot an HCP holder?

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

I was posting on the Oak Ridger in reply to an op ed about last nights opt-out some lady was going on about basically how evil and dangeous we are. I think I came up with a few tips to help her spot us.

If you want to pick out a HCP holder be on the look out for:

1. Someone holding the door open for you,

2. They may bend down and pick up something you dropped and hand it back to you,

3. If you leave your purse in the buggy at Kroger, or drop your wallet they may be the person trying to run you down to get it back to you,

4. If you have a flat tire they might try and change it for you,

5. Probably say "sir" and "ma'am" even though some people don't like it.

I only came up with 5 because I was limited on time. Anyone else want to chime in?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
I was posting on the Oak Ridger in reply to an op ed about last nights opt-out some lady was going on about basically how evil and dangeous we are. I think I came up with a few tips to help her spot us.

2. They may bend down and pick up something you dropped and hand it back to you,

3. If you leave your purse in the buggy at Kroger, or drop your wallet they may be the person trying to run you down to get it back to you,

I only came up with 5 because I was limited on time. Anyone else want to chime in?

You might be a HCP if you go to any place with alcohol and shoot everyone whilst raping stuffed animals.

You might be a HCP if you go to parks and get mad at someone and shoot everyone there.

You might be a HCP if you have pants around your ankles and every sentence you say ends with "ya'mean".

Oh this isn't the sarcastic list? Haha

You might be a permit holder if,

You're a Man

You're a Woman

You're white

You're black

You're Asian

You're Hispanic

You're Indian

You're a Doctor

You're a Lawyer

You're an Engineer

You're a Teacher

You're a Plumber

You're a Mechanic

You're a Waitress

You're Retired

You're a demographic of law abiding U.S. citizens of every race, every economic class, every occupation, every level of education.

Guest mustangdave

In all honesty...I'm hoping I don't STAND OUT in a crowd. My urban cammo should be workin' its mojo. Nothing I say or do...I am not wearin FUBU prison garb...etc sets me apart from the rest of the sheeple

Guest PapaB

If you want to pick out a HCP holder ask them about the 2nd, 10th and 14th amendments. They'll describe them and even quote the 2nd verbatim.

Mention Jimmy Naifeh, if they have to apologize for their sudden verbal outburst, they're an HCP holder.

Tell them the local Wally World just got a full supply of ammo in. If they're gone before you can blink, they're an HCP holder.

If you want to pick out a HCP holder ask them about the 2nd, 10th and 14th amendments. They'll describe them and even quote the 2nd verbatim.

Mention Jimmy Naifeh, if they have to apologize for their sudden verbal outburst, they're an HCP holder.

Tell them the local Wally World just got a full supply of ammo in. If they're gone before you can blink, they're an HCP holder.

:)

I just ignore them. Not willing to waste a second of my time trying to convince anyone. Let them be the next victim.

I know most of the anti's are closed minded but there's a few you can get to, some that may just have been listening to the media too much and are just ignorant of who HPC holders really are.

Guest mikedwood
I know most of the anti's are closed minded but there's a few you can get to, some that may just have been listening to the media too much and are just ignorant of who HPC holders really are.

I think the numbers that have a strong anti opinion are about 10%. But there are a lot of people out there who simply don't keep up with issues except what they might see on TV or in the paper (Both are pretty darn anti.) In most of the online edition of the papers we have a way to respond to anti gun articles. Also on CNN and Fox's news sites. Sometimes Fox is even anti gun.

Most people either didn't know or remember that there was an HCP permit a regular citizen could get and carry everyday. Now the medias attacks on this restaurant carry and park carry stuff got the Anti's all flustered.

All of these cities oping-out of park carry has me concerned. I'm concerned that many members of city coucils don't have a clue what a permit holder is. They seem to think it's just some random idiot with a weapon that wants to do harm. That's certainly not the case.

Guest bluecanary25

Back to OP....

Be on the lookout for middleaged white male.

He will be tugging on his britches to keep the waist band up on his waist. :rofl:

Back to OP....

Be on the lookout for middleaged white male.

He will be tugging on his britches to keep the waist band up on his waist. :rofl:

Hey,Hey,Hey just a second now I resemble that remark,the problem isnt the waist,its the hardware.:lol::D:D

Guest nokomom

In my experience the HCP group "look" varies. I'm a woman who wears casual long "hippie" skirts or jeans and simple jewelry. (Tell your women those big ole skirts are great for concealing with a smart carry guys!) I've got short dark blonde hair and have a 9 year old daughter and usually my three dogs with me when I travel. I'm pretty sure I don't look like a "gun person" or whatever the public thinks they look like. The libs and media would probably approach me in a park for interviews on gun issues and be quite surprised by my answers.

HCP'ers are just people of varied walks of life who want to protect themselves and their families. It has nothing to do with religion, race, sex, sexual orientation or how we feel about other political issues. We as HCP'ers are exercising our RIGHT to protect ourselves regardless of other issues we may feel strongly about. The media has painted a picture of a middle-aged white male in flannel with a Confederate flag and a big truck as the typical HCP holder which is not accurate at all. Well, at least not in my neck of the woods. I've got quite a large concentration of HCP holders on my quiet midtown street and they jog with ipods and wheel strollers and dogs around the block just like everyone else around here.

Guest Bluemax

This is good !!!! and entirely accurate as to the typical person who has gone to the trouble to get a permit

Guest dizzielizzie

:confused: gotta love this one!

You can spot them because they have a confident, pleased look about themselves!

Seriously, there's no telling. But I am disappointed with those who are ignorant about HCP and what it involves! Now that's something the newspapers should write about, the permit procedure, so these idiots will shut up!

Guest 3pugguy

WELL DONE!