K&D closing?!

Man! Looks like one of my favorite custom holster guys, K&D, is closing. I know he's had some health issues, but I sure hope he will sell the business or patents. Very sad. I was looking forward to ordering some more holster in the future.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Im gonna email Kevin & see Whats up. I really doubt hes closing unless hes got some medical issues or something. He may have so many orders hes just not accepting any new ones to keep his backlogs reasonable. Thats what Im hoping. I honestly think hes 1 of the top makers in the country.

Guest eyebedam

I've emailed Kevin a link to this thread. He is a member here & hopefully he will respond to it. It would suck to be less another great holster maker.

I need to call him tomorrow! My order was supposed to be made in early September and I was waiting patiently. I hope he is OK but I want to make sure there is a place to send the holster back to if something is not right.

I really wanted his Thunderbird Defender because it is IWB/OWB and tuckable! I like the pics at HBE Leatherworks and have heard great things about his stuff. Anyone have a reccomendation for a CZ75 PCR holster? (I have a MTAC for my XD and love it but they don't have the form for the PCR.)

Wow. I just ordered and paid for my Thunderbird Defender for my EMP on 7-20. Looks like that was the day before he shut down the website. I sure hope that he's just shutting down for a while until he catches up on the orders. I was told it would be a 14-16 week wait.

Wow. I just ordered and paid for my Thunderbird Defender for my EMP on 7-20. Looks like that was the day before he shut down the website. I sure hope that he's just shutting down for a while until he catches up on the orders. I was told it would be a 14-16 week wait.

Reading another forum, Kevin did state he's shutting down. No details given.

TT Gunleather has risen to premier holster maker. The bad news is that Tim is already up to 4 months turnaround, guess will soon be a year like some of the other ones crafted from tanned unobtanium.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
OS, who makes that holster in your avatar picture?

That's David Bullard

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Highly recommended, I have FOUR of his holsters. Have worn the XD in avatar daily for about 9 months now.

When I got the first one about a year ago, could get in less than a week, and he was even doing eBay.

Now he's about a month and my guess will keep getting longer.

I have a TT Gunleather on order to try, only because the one thing that David doesn't really offer is a pure belt loop model IWB because of the nature of his design, and I've always wanted one.

- OS

I got this email from Kevin this morning:

Thank you for your email. We have shut down the business with respect to not accepting any new orders. We will continue to work on getting the current orders we have out the door to the customers as quickly as we can. In addition, any and all warranties for any of our products will be honored whether we stay closed down or not.

That's David Bullard

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Highly recommended, I have FOUR of his holsters. Have worn the XD in avatar daily for about 9 months now.

When I got the first one about a year ago, could get in less than a week, and he was even doing eBay.

Now he's about a month and my guess will keep getting longer.

I have a TT Gunleather on order to try, only because the one thing that David doesn't really offer is a pure belt loop model IWB because of the nature of his design, and I've always wanted one.

- OS

I can second the Bullard holster. Very nice, good price, and it "was" quick. seems like a lot of people are needing good holsters these days. Great for the 2A, bad for us in line!:rofl: