New Type of Self Defense Weapon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcoyle6

If I wanted to carry a paintball gun I suppose I would...

but if this means I can buy "pepperball" rounds to mess with my friends on a paintball field well then I guess I might just have to do that.

But being a self defense weapon, I much prefer hollow points. More effective and deployed much quicker. my .02

If I wanted to carry a paintball gun I suppose I would...

but if this means I can buy "pepperball" rounds to mess with my friends on a paintball field well then I guess I might just have to do that.

But being a self defense weapon, I much prefer hollow points. More effective and deployed much quicker. my .02

Haha thats the first thing that came to my mind too...:D

Pepperball technology has been around for about a year now. I learned of it through the USCAV catalog, where it was in my first issue. They have even been deployed once in "World's Wildest Police Videos". www.uscav.com Carries the Pepperballs themselves, and the catalog advertises they have the guns but a quick look shows that they don;t.

Less-Than-Lethal has its place, and this device might deal with some of the issues various sprays have had in the past (limited range, effects of wind, difficult to aim accurately). If so, why not have the option out there? Seems a bit bulky and awkward, I bet deploying it would be slower than drawing a pistol for most.

If it gets smaller and cheaper, then maybe.

Btw, if we ever get "phasers set on stun" in the real world, I'm getting one.

Guest jackdog

How about a squirt gun filled with amonia. Effective rage 15 feet. Hell of a lot more effective than pepper spray and I think it is a legal form of self defense. Works great on dogs too.

Jackdog

you can get bear spray a lot cheaper and should work as well – use the squirt type vs. the cloud which works better in windy situations

the pepper gun looks to bulky to me and probably would be a fun BBQ thing lol

I guess there is a problem with carrying a concealed gun there – if nothing else guns make a great noise j/k

on the serious side a man with a knife or some type of weapon will be on you to fast for pepper stuff of any kind - in my opinion go with a gun – if they would have used one on Rodney King there would not have been a problem and nor a riot

• 2 weeks later...