SIG 239-40-B

Anyone have one? What are your thoughts on this pistol?

I picked up one Thursday and got to shoot it today, really like they single action and it carries very well in a Don Hume JIT slide.

Seems as accurate as any handgun I have fired. The recoil was no more than my SA XD-40 4" service model.

Mine is the black on black basic model.

I was wooried that the higher bore line would affect felt recoil and ability to return on target fast but it does not seem to be an issue.

I used UMC FMJ and reloads to test it out, about 220 rounds total with one failure to feed. The failure to feed was a reload, first round in mag, 180gr lead flat point and after it was cleared they fed and fired faultlessly.

I fired 165gr HP (jacketed and plated), 180gr HP (jacketed and plated), 175gr LSWC, 180gr flat point (lead and jacketed) with no problems other than one FTF.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P239 are some of the better Sigs I've dealt with they seem to work and shoot great. All guns have one or more kinds of ammo they don't like, you just found out which one yours don't like. congrads on the gun.

Guest savvysteve
Love my 239/.40. Very accurate and has never jammed. I hated the stock grips, but that was an easy fix.

Yeah I put Hogue grips on mine with the first couple of months of ownership. This is what I carry and really like it. My only regret was I got the October 05 package with .357 sig barrel and mag and should have spent the money and got the night sights instead. I have never shot a round of .357 sig in this gun. Sigs are excellent guns. My dad's old duty weapon was a 226 in .357 sig and boy that thing is nice.