Pocket Carry Auto's

Guest icehead

Guest icehead

I have owned a Kahr PM 9 that I pocket carried in a holster for awhile, but i never got comfortable with the auto being in my pocket. I was wanting to know if any of you pocket carry the Walther PPS or something similar on a daily basis?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a airwieght Taurus 38 that I pocket carried in a pocket holster...it was ok in some pants but others had too shallow a pocket to be comfy...now I either pocket carry a Keltec PF-9 or a Keltec P3-AT, depending on what Im wearing. Although I like the firepower of the PF-9 much better, if its a BUG Im carrying, I usually opt for the .380 P3-AT as I usually also have my Glock 30 as primary. I don't like firing either of the keltecs as they are very harsh in the hand and not terrible accurate, but they work for concealment and for short ranges. There are times I also opt for a taurus 9mm Mil Pro as BUG or a FEG 380, which ios very similar to the Walther..

I have owned a Kahr PM 9 that I pocket carried in a holster for awhile, but i never got comfortable with the auto being in my pocket. I was wanting to know if any of you pocket carry the Walther PPS or something similar on a daily basis?

Have you tried your back pocket with a pocket holster? I find that more comfortable, especially with the Rohrbaugh or the LCP.

Recently I've been experimenting with a LWS .32 that uses an interesting clip built right into the grip (it's aftermarket) for IWB. I can post a picture if you're interested.

Guest bkelm18

I just picked up a PF9 and it fits in my pocket quite nicely. I was worried it would be too big but it's perfect. It's less noticeable than a snubby since it's lighter and thinner.

Guest eyebedam

I carry a LCP in a desantis superfly holster in my back pocket 90% of the time. Unless I'm in cargo shorts than I may put it in my front pocket. A good pocket holster really helps along with deeper pockets. Try either the nemesis or superfly from Desantis. Both are great pocket holsters. The superfly is a bit tackier to the touch.

Icehead:

I regularly carry a glock 33 (same size as pps only wider) in a AHolster kydex pocket holster daily. I am a big guy (around, not up) and it will carry easily in dungaree hip pockets or the Cabelas hiking pants with the big hip pockets. It will also work in the front pocket if the pockets are deep enough. It will simply disappear in the hip pocket of bib overalls -- that must be the reason why all the old guys wore them -- HEHEHE. One caution, I always wear a good quality belt. Mine is a wilderness tactical. It will help the pants to keep their proper drape.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

LEROY

Guest icehead

I usually carry a S&W 638 in the front pocket, but was maybe looking at another auto one day. You guy;s carrying G33 and G27 must be big guys, that alot of gun in your pocket

I pocket carry a Glock 32.

As others have said...I'm a big guy, big pants, lots of room in the front pocket.

Much more comfortable than IWB for me, plus it tends not to conceal real well.

The other choice is OC, which I do on the rare occasion.

Guest 1shot

I always carry a Kel-tec 380 in my front pocket in a leather pocket holster that I made. It looks like a wallet in your pocket. It is there even when I carry something else OWB or IWB. The Kel-tec is light and once you carry one for a while it feels weard if you don't have it in your pocket.

Guest Risky Ruger

Ok, I wanna dig a little deeper in this pocket carry.

I went to local car wash to clean and vacuum my car. It's nice and warm and of course I sweated out the arce. No pun intended. So when I'm finished, I think to myself, I wonder if my gun is damp from the sweat. I check it and it has some condensation on it.

Anyone else have this problem or do I just sweat out my butt more than most. LOL

Guest eyebedam

I went to local car wash to clean and vacuum my car. It's nice and warm and of course I sweated out the arce. No pun intended. So when I'm finished, I think to myself, I wonder if my gun is damp from the sweat. I check it and it has some condensation on it.

Anyone else have this problem or do I just sweat out my butt more than most. LOL

So do you conceal between your cheeks?:D

Guest bkelm18

Ever considered carrying in your front pocket?

Guest SUNTZU

I pocket carry a Bersa Thunder .380 in a Nemesis holster in my front pocket. I don't have to worry about losing my grip on the gun due to ass sweat.

Guest bkelm18
I pocket carry a Bersa Thunder .380 in a Nemesis holster in my front pocket. I don't have to worry about losing my grip on the gun due to ass sweat.

:D

Guest Muttling

IME, excessive flatulance leads to heavy rust so I gave up ass carry a long time ago.